Aerial view of campus with Williamsport, the Susquehanna River and Bald Eagle Mountain as a backdrop


Federal Pell Grant:

Federal Pell Grants are made available through the federal government. The Pell Grant Program is designed to aid exceptionally needy students. Federal Pell Grants do not need to be repaid. Pell Grants are awarded only to degree-seeking undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's degree or professional degree. To determine eligibility, Lycoming College utilizes the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) reported on the Student Aid Report (SAR) as formulated by the U.S. Department of Education using FAFSA information. The amount received depends not only on the student's EFC but also the cost of attendance, whether the student is full-time or part-time, and whether attendance is for a full academic year.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG):

A FSEOG is considered gift aid and does not have to repaid. FSEOG is for students who demonstrate exceptional financial need. Priority is given to Federal Pell Grant eligible students who have the lowest EFC and who meet the May 1st priority filing date. Funding is limited; therefore, not all Federal Pell Grant eligible students will receive FSEOG funds. FSEOG can be awarded in amounts ranging from $100 to $4,000 per year depending on when a student applies, the level of need, and the funding level provided by the federal government to Lycoming College.

Lycoming College Grant In Aid:

Lycoming Grants are awarded to full-time students who demonstrate financial need. Funding is limited; therefore, not all students meeting the criteria will receive a Lycoming Grant. Lycoming College grants are not available to students receiving PA FosterEd Tuition Waiver, Tuition Exchange Benefits, Tuition Remission Benefits, or Post 9/11 VA Yellow Ribbon Benefits.

Pennsylvania State Grant:

Pennsylvania residents pursuing their first undergraduate degree and enrolled for at least 6 credits may be eligible to receive a State Grant. The grant can be awarded up to a maximum of 8 semesters. You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than May 1st of each year. For more information about eligibility, please refer to the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency website.

State Grants from outside of Pennsylvania:

Some states have reciprocal agreements with Pennsylvania that allow you to receive a state grant while attending a Pennsylvania university. You must follow your individual state guidelines for eligibility. The following is a list of states that have agreements regarding state programs: