I am Choosing. I am Lycoming.
Pursuing a healthy lifestyle is all about choice, and with the help of Lycoming College Campus Recreation, you can choose to develop healthy habits to continue enjoying well after your collegiate experience. Campus Recreation enables students to step up as leaders and allows students to form valuable connections. Through student-led programming, intramural sports, and collaboration with other departments on campus and the Williamsport community, you will have an outlet to discover the value in leading a healthy lifestyle.
How Can I Get Involved?
- Join an intramural sports team. Our Intramural Sports program promotes healthy competition and a friendly atmosphere. It’s a great way to relieve stress and make new friends!
- Join a club sports team. Our club sports run the gamut – from eSports to dancing to ultimate Frisbee and more. Lycoming club sports are a great way to experience all that that Lycoming College has to offer.
- Take a Zumba class, a yoga class, or choose from another of Lycoming’s group fitness options.
- Apply for a student job at the Rec Center through the Center for Enhanced Academic Experiences and the I AM LAUNCHING platform. The Rec Center staff plays an integral role in planning Campus Recreation programming. In this position, you’ll gain valuable leadership and event planning skills.
- Participate in Campus Recreation programming. Between collaborations with the Williamsport community and events held specifically for students, Campus Recreation provides a wide variety of opportunities to get involved. Some of the unique programs the Rec Center offers include the Warrior Fit program, the 100 Mile Challenge, and the Haunted Rec.
- Students who wish to become leaders have an incredible opportunity within the Recreation Center and Intramural Sports employment to grow and develop skills that will translate into successful future careers.
- The Rec Center and Intramural Sports offer a myriad of challenge by choice programming and opportunities.
- Campus Recreation encourages the creation of positive self-images and helps students discover the importance of healthy lifestyles.