I am Thriving… I am Lycoming
Behind every successful student is an expansive support team, and here at Lycoming College, that team includes our Department of Health Services, ensuring students’ health does not interfere with their ability to succeed academically and socially. As students navigate their college experience, the Department of Health Services gives them the opportunity and the means to explore their health and pursue health care independently. Our team of experienced, dedicated staff members focuses on individualized care to allow for each student’s unique response to illness and empowers him/her to achieve and maintain an optimal level of wellness. Fusing treatment with education, Lycoming College’s Department of Health Services allows students to both understand and sustain good health.
- Nursing Services
- Physician Services
- Reproductive Health Services
- Allergy Injections
- Laboratory Testing
A full-time RN and a part-time RN are available Monday through Friday from 8:00am until 4:30p.m. and a physician also makes frequent visits to the College. The Student Health Services Office is located in the garden level of Rich Hall. To make an appointment, stop in or call 570-321-4052.
- Students are encouraged to be an integral part of creating their healthcare and treatment plan with an emphasis on student decision-making ability.
- Group presentations and individual consultations help guide students in taking control of their health.
- Students are supported in understanding their health insurance – many for the first time.
- Sensitivity to gender, sexual orientation, cultural and socio-economic differences, and preferences guides all assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and health education.
- Fall and Spring semester (August - April): Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- May-term: Monday-Friday 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- June & July (secretary only): Mondays & Tuesdays 8 a.m. - 2 p.m.
Health Services is closed during Christmas break and spring break. Students may contact Safety & Security at x4064 in cases of emergency.