As a four-year institution dedicated to undergraduates, Lycoming faculty place a heavy emphasis on education, and their research agendas are designed to cultivate student collaboration and academic discovery. This principle is core to our mission.
Students participate in semester-based research labs, as well as funded summer research collaborations across a spectrum of academic disciplines. The skills developed through these collaborations position Lycoming students to be successful in nationally-competitive summer research residencies.
Among the many research residency successes, recent Lycoming students have successfully won research positions at:
- Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
- Rosetta Commons Summer Research Program, University of Washington
- Genomic Medicine Institute, Geisinger Health System
- Department of Molecular Biology and Genetics, Cornell University
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, Md.
- Department of Neuroscience, University of Florida
- BioDiscovery Institute, University of North Texas
- National Radio Astronomy Observatory, Socorro, N.M.
- Johns Hopkins Space Telescope Science Institute
- David Library of the American Revolution
- Nobeyama Radio Observatory, Japan
- University of Hawaii’s Institute for Astronomy
- Neutrino and Dark Matter Laboratory National Autonomous University of Mexico
- Molecular Biology and Genetics REU at Cornell University
To review application processes and current program information, students can visit the I AM LAUNCHING portal.