Job Dates: June 8th - July 24th, 2023
Residence Dates: Check in on Thursday, June 8, 2023, between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm. Departure is expected by noon on Monday, July 24, 2023.
Pay: Stipend of $1,500 and housing. This is paid ½ on arrival and remainder at load out.
Housing: Housing will be made available for the position for the duration of the stay in Williamsport at Lycoming College at no cost to the person filling the position.
Summary: The Community Arts Center (CAC) and Lycoming College Summer Stock located in Williamsport, PA produces one youth musical production each summer season utilizing professional artisans to create and build a thriving theatrical environment for High school aged performers to build community, comradery, and a love for the theatre.
- Assist the Costume Shop Manager in the preparation and running of the Production. This includes building, altering, fitting, repairing, washing and general maintenance of costumes used by the production.
- Work under the Wardrobe Supervisor as a dresser during the run of shows, prepping costumes and assisting in quick changes as needed.
- Moving costume supplies into the Community Arts Center (CAC) and returning them to storage a the end of the season.
- Assist with maintaining an inventory of costume stock throughout the production.
- Maintain clean and safe workspace.
Qualifications and Skills: Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- 1+ years of experience working in costume shop
- Proficiency in hand and machine sewing.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. Post offer ACT 153 clearances required (criminal history background check, PA Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprinting).
The duties associated with the position will require you to stand and sit for long periods of time, have both small and large motor skills, withstand repetitive movements of hands and arms for long periods of time, and to safely lift 50lbs by yourself. The position also requires the staff member to have the ability to consistently produce high quality work at sufficient speed, to create and maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner respectful to co-workers. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified. Management reserves the right to revise or amend duties at any time.