Housing Accommodations Request Process
Lycoming College makes reasonable accommodations for students requiring special housing due to medical reasons. The procedures below outline how to make a request for a Housing Accommodation. Requests must be submitted and approved annually; no student will be "grandfathered" for subsequent year(s). Please contact the Residential Life Office, (570) 321-4046, if you have any questions about this process.
- Lycoming College provides two types of Housing Accommodations. Each Housing Accommodation Request requires its own form to be completed.
- The Housing Accommodations Request Form should be used to request:
- Private Room
- Air Conditioner
- First Floor residence
- Other special needs
- The ESA Request Form should be used to request an animal which provides emotional support to a person with a disability to ease one or more identified symptoms or effects of such person's disability, upon recommendation of a healthcare or mental health professional.
- Emotional Support Animal Policy
- Print a copy of the request form (two pages). If you have difficulty printing this form, contact the Residential Life Office and we will be glad to forward a copy to you via postal or e-mail.
- Complete the form as indicated: front (Page 1) of the form by the student or parent/guardian and back (page 2) by the certifying professional. Please note: this is the only form that will be accepted for review, and it must be submitted directly from the health care provider. The Residential Life Office must receive the completed form from returning students no later than March 7, 2022, and by June 10, 2022, from first-year, transfer, and readmitted students. Requests received after the deadlines will be considered on a space-available basis due to limited accommodations.
- Completed requests will be reviewed by the Housing Committee consisting of Residential Life Staff, the Nurse Director of Student Health Services, Counseling Services, and the Coordinator of Accessibility Resources.
- The student will be notified of the approval/denial of the request via e-mail. Please allow up to 1 month for the review process.
- If approved for an air conditioner, the notification will provide specific instructions.