Thanksgiving Break 2021
Thanksgiving Break instructions are listed below. Students who are not registered may be fined $15.
- Official Thanksgiving Break is from 9:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 23rd until 10:00 a.m. Sunday, November 28th.
- Meal service ends at 3:00 pm on November 23rd and begins with dinner on November 28th.
- Campus dining (Wertz dining hall, Jack's Place, and Cafe 1812) is closed during the entire Thanksgiving Break; in other words, there are no dining services open during this time.
- Campus housing functions with limited operation (Buildings & Grounds, Custodial, and Residential Life.)
- The Office of Public Safety is fully operational 24/7, however, other campus offices are closed Thursday and Friday.
Closing Your Residence For Break
All residents (halls, apartments, and Commons) are responsible for completing the following:
- Store all food in sealed plastic or metal containers.
- Tidy your residence and empty your trash, including the bathroom.
- Unplug all electrical items except refrigerators and fish tanks*. In other words, there should be nothing other than a refrigerator and fish tank plugged into any outlet in a residence. Power strips must also be unplugged from the wall outlets. *The College does not take responsibility for plants or fish left over any break.
- Turn off all lights. (Apartments/Commons residents should leave porch lights on, if applicable.)
- Close and lock all windows.
- Pull the window shade(s) down halfway. (Apartments/Commons residents should pull 1st-floor shades all the way up.)
- Lock your door(s). Be sure you have your ID and key(s).
- Move your vehicle to a student parking lot if you plan to leave it on campus during the break.
All housing will be inspected by staff for Health & Safety and/or proper closing procedures on Wednesday, November 24th. Failure to follow closing procedures will result in a minimum $15.00 fine.
Staying on Campus For Break
- Break housing residents are permitted to have only break housing residents as guests in their rooms and buildings; they may not have any overnight guests.
- With the exception of the guest policy stated above, all College and Residential Life policies apply to students who remain on campus during the break. Policies are on the Res Life webpage.
- Resident students who will be on campus during any/all of the break must submit an online registration form in Web Advisor by 12 midnight on Thursday, November 18th. You may find this form by logging into myLyco and then going to WebAdvisor. In your WebAdvisor options, go to the"Residential Life" section and look for "Housing Requests". You can then select "Thanksgiving Break Registration" in the "Housing Type" drop-down. Failure to register will be considered an Improper Closing and will result in a $15 fine/resident.