Student Film and Video Festival
The Film and Video Arts Program at Lycoming College is pleased to announce the call for submissions to the 13th year of the Pennsylvania College Student Film and Video Festival. The screening will take place in October 2019 (exact date TBA) at the AMC Classic 11 in Williamsport, PA.
Notification of acceptance will be sent in September. Filmmakers are strong encouraged to attend the screening and will be guaranteed up to 4 tickets. Awards are announced at the screening. The screening is free and open to the public.
Eligibility and Submission Criteria
- Films must have been made by an undergraduate student(s) enrolled at any Pennsylvania college or university during the 18-19 academic year.
- Categories: Narrative, Documentary, Experimental (includes music videos), and Animation. Awards will be given to the best film in each category, all submissions are eligible for awards.
- The Tom Woodruff Jr. Grand Jury Prize will be awarded to the best submission by a Lycoming College student.
- Run time: 15 minutes or less
- Work must have been completed within the last two academic years
- Acceptable preview format: Playable link (please include necessary passwords)
- Accepted films submission format: Downloadable Quicktime files (see below)
- Each student may submit up to two films
- All music used must have copyright permissions
- There is no submission fee
- Submissions from previous years are not accepted
Please submit via Film Freeway or send the following information to Peterson@lycoming.edu and include all information in the body of your email, not as an attachment. Not following the submission criteria below will be cause for disqualification.
- Personal information: Name, phone number, mailing address, email, school, year of study, major field of study.
- Film information: 1. Title, 2. Your role (Director, producer, etc.), 3. Year of completion, 4. Run time, 5. Category, 6. Film synopsis between 50-100 words, and 7. Educational Institution. Please include this information in the body of your email, not as an attachment.
- Files: Attach the following files to your email: 1. Film Still , 2. Poster (if you have one), and 3. A headshot of the Director (jpegs no greater than 3MB)
- Email Subject Line: "Student submission: PA Film and Video Festival"
- When submitting your file: Playable links are required for submission. Should your film be accepted, be prepared to make your file downloadable on Vimeo, Dropbox, www.wetransfer.com, or Google Drive. Do not send your film as an attachment.