Student Film and Video Festival
The Film and Video Arts department at Lycoming College is pleased to announce its 10th annual Film and Video Festival for 2017. Begun in 2008 as a local student film screening, the festival now receives submissions from around the state.
The FVF showcases the creative story-telling talents of up-and-coming film and video artists who are currently enrolled at post-secondary schools.
Students currently enrolled at a post-secondary school in Pennsylvania are invited to submit films for consideration. Submissions are free and due by midnight on June 2.
Students may submit up to two films for any of the following three categories: Narrative or Documentary, Experimental and Animation.
Awards will be given to the best film in each category juried by a panel of professionals. Winning videos will be shown at a public screening in Williamsport, Pa. in September, 2017. The screening for winning submissions is free and open to the public.
Eligibility and Submission Criteria
- Films must have been made by an undergraduate student(s) at any Pennsylvania school enrolled during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Categories: Narrative, Documentary, Experimental, and Animation. Awards will be given to the best film in each category. The Tom Woodruff Jr. Grand Jury Prize will be awarded to the best submission by a Lycoming College student. All other category awards are open to any student enrolled in a Pennsylvania college or university.
- Run time: 12 minutes or less
- Work must have been completed within the last two academic years
- Acceptable preview format: Playable link (please include necessary passwords)
- Acceptable formats for accepted films: Downloadable Quicktime files (.mov files) (see below)
- Each student may submit up to two works
- There is no submission fee
- Submissions from previous years are not accepted
Please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal information: Name, phone number, mailing address, email, school, year of study, major field of study. Please include this information in the body of your email, not as an attachment.
- Email Subject Line: "Student submission to the Film and Video Festival"
- Film information: Title, director, year of completion, run time, category, and film synopsis between 50-100 words. Please include this information in the body of your email, not as an attachment. Please attach a film still (jpeg no greater than 2MB)
- When submitting your file: Playable links are acceptable for submission. Should your film be accepted, be prepared to transfer your file via Dropbox or other file sharing links such as www.wetransfer.com or googledocs. Do not send as an attachment.