Spring Break 2021
There will be no housing break closures for the spring of 2021. Please refer to the academic calendar for information on mid-semester break days.
All campus residences (halls, apartments, and The Commons) close for Spring Break Friday, March 6th at 6:00 p.m. and re-open Sunday, March 15th at 10:00 a.m.
Important to note:
- Meal service ends with lunch on March 6 and begins with dinner on March 15.
- Campus dining (Wertz dining hall, Jack's Place, and Cafe 1812) is closed during the entire break; in other words, there is no meal plan service during this time.
- Campus Residences function with a limited operation (Buildings & Grounds, Custodial, and Residential Life.)
- The Office of Public Safety is fully operational 24/7.
Closing Your Residence For Break
ALL RESIDENTS (halls, apartments, and Commons) are responsible for completing the following (however, the last resident to leave MUST confirm completion):
- Store all open and perishable food in sealed plastic or metal containers.
- Clean your residence and empty ALL trash in the residence and bathroom.
- Unplug all electrical items except refrigerators and fish tanks. In other words, there should be nothing other than a refrigerator and fish tank plugged into any outlet in a residence. Power strips must also be unplugged from the wall outlets. The College does not take responsibility for plants or fish leftover any break.
- Turn off all lights.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Pull the window shade(s) up/down halfway. (Apartments/Commons residents should pull 1st-floor shades all the way down.)
- Lock your door. Be sure you have your ID and room key.
- Move your vehicle to a student parking lot if you plan to leave it on campus during the break.
All housing will be inspected by staff for Health & Safety and/or proper closing procedures on Saturday, March 7th. Failure to follow closing procedures, including not registering for break housing, will result in a minimum $15.00 fine/resident.
Staying on Campus For Break
- Resident students who will be on campus for any/all of the break must submit an online registration (in Web Advisor) by midnight on Thursday, March 5, 2020. Failure to register for break housing will be considered an Improper Closing and will result in a $15 fine.
- If due to reasons beyond your control, you find out after the registration deadline that you cannot leave Campus by 6 pm on Friday, March 6, 2020, you MUST notify the Office of Residential Life via email PRIOR to the 6 pm closing. Failure to do so will result in a violation.
- Break housing residents are permitted to have only break housing residents as guests in their rooms and buildings; they may not have any overnight guests.
- With the exception of the guest policy stated above, All College and Residential Life policies apply to students who remain on campus during the break. Please review these policies on the Res Life webpage.
To Register For Spring Break Housing:
- Log into myLyco and then go to WebAdvisor.
- Go to the "Residential Life" section and look for "Housing Requests".
- Select "Spring Break Registration" in the "Housing Type" drop-down.
The deadline to register for Spring Break housing is midnight March 5. Failure to register will be considered an Improper Closing and will result in a $15 fine.