Aerial view of campus with Williamsport, the Susquehanna River and Bald Eagle Mountain as a backdrop

Veteran Affairs


We welcome all veterans, their eligible dependents, members of the National Guard and Reserves, and active duty personnel. We thank you for your service and are pleased that you are considering Lycoming College to further your career.

The Department of Veteran's Affairs determines a student's eligibility for education assistance benefits. To apply for veteran's benefits please contact the Veteran's Affairs Education Department at 1-888-GI BILL 1 (1-888-442-4551). They will be able to assist you with all questions. You also can find information on their websites, which are listed in the box on the right for your convenience. Lycoming College is a proud Yellow Ribbon partner.

Current members of the military should speak with their Educational Service Officer (ESO) or counselor within their military service branch prior to enrollment.

Once you have obtained your education assistance benefits, our Admissions staff can assist you with enrolling at Lycoming. For questions or information about enrollment, contact Joe Balduino at (570) 321-4227 or send an email to

Upon Enrollment to the college

Students eligible for financial benefits from the Veterans Administration must report to the Registrar's Office, Long Hall 109, to submit the following paperwork:

  • A copy of your Certificate of Eligibility,Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD-214) or a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)

Chapter 35 (qualified dependents of deceased or disabled veterans) students need a copy of their birth certificate and the veteran's Social Security number in order to apply for benefits.

All Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill®) and Chapter 1606 (National Guard and Reserves) must verify their enrollment on the last day of each month, and up to two weeks afterwards, by phone if your enrollment has not changed during the month, 1-877-823-2378 or at and follow the link to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) program.

You must verify your enrollment every month when you are taking classes.

You should receive your payment about seven days after you verify if you have no changes in enrollment. If you have signed up for Direct Deposit, you'll get paid a few days sooner.

At the beginning of each semester, please visit the Registrar's Office, Long Hall 109, to verify the number of credits you will be taking and a Certification of Enrollment will be sent to restart your benefits. For questions or information contact (570) 321-4145 or send an email to

"GI Bill®" is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at