Faculty and Staff Voice Mail
To Set Up Your Voice Mail Box:
- Call the voice mail system; use the voicemail button on a Cisco phone or dial 7000.
- Follow the system prompts to record name, personal greeting, and set new password.
For information on recording your voice mail greeting, please see the "Voice Mail Policy."
Note: Your security code must be 5-7 digits.
To Check Your Voice Mail:
Voicemail may be accessed via a phone or email, both on campus as well as remotely.
Note: Retrieving or deleting messages is synchronized in both systems.
To Check New Messages from Your Desk:
Dial 7000 or press the Messages button.
To Check New Messages from Off-Campus:
Dial appropriate phone number. When the voicemail answers, press * and follow the prompts.
To Transfer a Call Directly into Voice Mail:
Press Transfer + 7000 (or your MSGS button) + # (pound) + 4 digit extension + # 2 + Transfer
Voice Mail Shortcuts:
- 1 – Repeat the message
- 2 – Save or archive the message
- 3 – Permanently delete the message
- 4 – Reply to the message
- 5 – Forward the message
- 7 – Rewind or move backward in the message
- 9 – Fast-forward through the message
- # – Skip to the end of the message
To Change Message Greeting:
- Dial 7000 or press the Messages button, enter your password
- 411 – Change greetings
- 431 – Change password (security code)
- 432 – Change recorded name
- Change to Alternate Greeting: 411 then press 2 then press 2 again