International Student Mobile Phone Opportunity
This unique opportunity is only available through the Lycoming College agreement with Verizon Wireless. It allows international students studying at Lycoming College the chance to purchase a phone and plan that does not require a hefty security deposit or 2-year contract. Here is how the program works:
New or Changes to Service
- A Verizon Wireless representative will be on campus once a semester for new students to apply for a new line of service and for current students to upgrade their existing phone. This will be the ONLY time during the semester you can sign up for new/existing service. To find out when a Verizon Wireless representative will be on campus, or to inquire about this opportunity, please contact Diane Salamone at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Each student is responsible for the purchase price of a Verizon Wireless mobile phone through Lycoming College’s Information Technology Services. SIM Cards are not available to students who do not already have a Verizon Wireless account through Lycoming College’s program.
- The plan includes 400-peak hour calling minutes per month and includes unlimited night and weekend calling, unlimited Verizon Wireless to Verizon Wireless calling, unlimited data while in the United States.
- Students are encouraged to register their phone on Lycoming College’s wireless network through Information Technology Services to minimize their data usage.
- Students on the plan receive a monthly invoice from the College and are required to pay that amount at the business office upon receipt. This plan is approximately $57.00 a month while in the United States and does not include any roaming charges should you travel internationally. Terms and conditions are subject to change as directed by Verizon Wireless.
Suspension of Service
Please be advised that you may only request to suspend your line of service for summer break. It is the student’s responsibility to request this suspension. Your suspension will start June 1st. Suspensions are for a maximum of 90 days. After the 90 days your mobile number will reconnect, thus continuation of the billing.
Should you wish to disconnect your line of service at any time, you will not be eligible to apply for new service until August of the next year. Those students graduating may choose to keep their phone number and assume financial responsibility directly with Verizon Wireless or may wish to disconnect their line of service with the college while retaining their purchased mobile phone.
To learn more, review the International Student Mobile Phone Agreement.