You are here:
Lambda Pi Eta Honor Society
Lycoming College is a member of Lambda Pi Eta (LPH), the National Communication Association’s official honor society. LPH has more than 500 active chapters at four-year colleges and universities nationwide and is a member of the Association of College Honor Societies.
LPH represents what Aristotle described in Rhetoric as three ingredients of persuasion: logos (Lambda), meaning logic; pathos (Pi), relating to emotion; and ethos (Eta), defined as character credibility and ethics.
The Six Goals of LPH:
- Recognize, foster, and reward outstanding scholastic achievement in Communication Studies
- Stimulate interest in the field of Communication
- Promote and encourage professional development among Communication majors
- Provide an opportunity to discuss and exchange ideas in the field of Communication
- Establish and maintain closer relationships between faculty and students
- Explore options for graduate education in Communication Studies
To be inducted into LPH, students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 and a GPA of at least 3.25 in communication courses, with at least 12 completed credits in communication, and 60 completed credits overall.