I am Engaging. I am Lycoming.
The Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Student Involvement takes personal growth and intellectual development outside the classroom with a wide variety of co-curricular programs. In addition to participating in fun events such as the Campus Activities Board's annual campus concert or Open Itinerary Trips to metropolitan centers, students supplement academic learning with leadership development. Becoming a part of something, whether it be a campus club, student government bodies, or fraternity and sorority life, encourages students to forge lifelong connections and pursue valuable experiential learning opportunities.
How Can I Get involved?
- Join a club on campus. We have over 80 of them, so there's a little bit of something for everyone. Not sure what stands out to you? Our involvement fairs are the perfect opportunity for you to get to know all our clubs better and find your perfect fit!
- Get involved in Fraternity and Sorority Life. Based in philanthropy and leadership development, fraternity and sorority life provides students with a supportive network of alumni connections, valuable leadership experiences, and lifelong connections.
- Join a governing student body. The Campus Activities Board and Student Senate empower strong leaders and provide valuable real-world business experience.
- Come to campus events! The Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Student Involvement and the Campus Activities Board host lots of fun events each month, all of which are sent to your campus email every week in the What's Happening? newsletter.
- Lycoming's Department of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Student Involvement allows co-curricular development in a liberal arts campus and supplements classroom learning.
- Involvement in clubs and organizations allows students to develop leadership skills and engage in daily business operations.
- Involvement provides lifelong engagement and alumni relations, especially for fraternity and sorority life.
- Student who demonstrate leadership and academic excellence are eligible for induction into Omicron Delta Kappa the National Leadership Honor Society, Gamma Sigma Alpha National Greek Academic Honor Society, Rho Lambda the National Sorority Leadership Society, and the Order of Omega National Leadership Honor Society.