Turn your acting passion into career potential at Lycoming College! Our rigorous production schedule and diverse curriculum is designed to provide you with countless opportunities in performance.
Stage experience includes a minimum of 4 main stage productions per year, as well as a plethora of senior and lab projects, and various student productions held in our black box theatre.
You will enjoy the diverse exposure to a variety of dramatic styles and genres to encapsulate any range of acting preferences including, but not limited to:
- World classics
- Contemporary plays and more!
Two diverse stages provide actors with:
- the intimate thrust stage experience in The Mary L. Welch Theatre
- the innovative and versatile use of black box theatre in The Dragon’s Lair Theatre
Interactive and performance-centered coursework includes:
- Senior Project in Acting and Musical Theatre
Senior project options include a variety of genres and opportunities to turn your passion into a culminating performance to round out your Lycoming Theatre experience and build your resume'!
- Perform a major role in a Mary L. Welch Theatre production
- Perform a major role in a Dragon’s Lair Theatre production
- Create and perform an original one-person show
- Perform a one-person show from a published script
- Write and perform a full production.
- Vision, innovation and an indomitable spirit are all you need to succeed!