Lycoming College Honor Choir
Sunday, May 22, 2022
11:00 AM – Check-in
12:15 – 5:00 – Rehearsals
8:00 PM – Festival Concert at Williamsport's Community Arts Center
Join select choral high school students from around the region for the second annual Lycoming College Honor Choir! This inspirational and developmental outlet for aspiring vocalists features intensive rehearsals, and inspiring repertoire. Students work together to prepare for an evening festival concert at Williamsport’s beautiful Community Arts Center – a truly world-class venue.
How does it work?
- Students and their families complete the online registration forms (below), print the registration materials, and mail in payment with additional forms to:
Lycoming College Music Department
Attn: Sara Scott
One College Place, Box 148
Williamsport, PA 17701
- Scores will be sent to participants as they register. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive music.
- Gloria Patri (from Magnificat in G), Franz Schubert
- Io ti vorria contar la pena mia (I’ll Tell You of My Sufferings), Orlando di Lasso
- Leron, Leron Sinta, Saunder Choi
- I Shall Know Why, Daniel J. Hall
- Let the River Run, arr. Craig Hella Johnson
- Students travel to Lycoming College on Sunday, May 22, 2022, for a fun day of singing, learning, making new friends, and sharing a love of music!
- Parents and family members join the celebration at 8:00 PM at Williamsport's Community Arts Center for the inaugural Lycoming College Honor Choir performance.
What can students gain from the experience?
- Meet new people and rehearse with the best choral students from across the region.
- Sharpen musicianship skills.
- Strengthen college applications through selection and participation.
Auditions are not required to participate. A small $30 registration fee covers the cost of selected music, snacks, dinner, and an Honor Choir t-shirt.