Lycoming College Honor Choir
Sunday, May 23, 2021
11:00 AM – Check-in
12:15 – 5:00 – Rehearsals
8:00 PM – Festival Concert at Williamsport's Community Arts Center
Join select choral high school students from around the region for the inaugural Lycoming College Honor Choir! This inspirational and developmental outlet for aspiring vocalists features intensive rehearsals, and inspiring repertoire - all while in a socially-distanced environment and wearing masks. Students work together to prepare for an evening festival concert at Williamsport’s beautiful Community Arts Center – a truly world-class venue.
How does it work?
- Students and their families complete the online registration forms (below), print the registration materials, and mail in payment with additional forms to:
Lycoming College Music Department
Attn: Sara Scott
One College Place, Box 148
Williamsport, PA 17701
- Students should download and learn three music selections in advance of May 23.
- Students travel to Lycoming College on Sunday, May 23, 2021, for a fun day of singing, learning, making new friends, and sharing a love of music!
- Parents and family members join the celebration at 8:00 PM at Williamsport's Community Arts Center for the inaugural Lycoming College Honor Choir performance.
What can students gain from the experience?
- Meet new people and rehearse with the best choral students from across the region.
- Sharpen musicianship skills.
- Strengthen college applications through selection and participation.
Auditions are not required to participate. A small $30 registration fee covers the cost of selected music, snacks, dinner, and an Honor Choir t-shirt.
The deadline for registration is May 7.