Lycoming College has facilities that make the full range of modern neuroscience available to our students, from cellular and molecular biology through behavioral studies in animals and in humans. Our neuroscience lab facilities are located in two different buildings, the Heim Science Building (biology) and the Academic Center (psychology).
Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Neuroscience
- Fluorescent Microscopy
- Cell Culture
- Mouse facility
- Cadaver lab
- Rat facility
- Operant conditioning chambers
- Spatial learning and memory mazes
- Enriched environmental housing
- Biological assay for measuring alcohol concentrations
- Electroencephalography recording
- Psychophysiology recording
- Stimulus presentation software
Students engage in neuroscience research with faculty mentors, completing Independent Studies and Honors Thesis projects. Our students win local and national awards for their work.