What Is EZBorrow?
EZBorrow allows students, staff, and faculty to borrow books and other physical items from participating Pennsylvania Academic Library Consortium (PALCI) institutions in Pennsylvania and surrounding regions. Items may be requested 24-hours a day. Please note this service is to be used to request books and other physical items such as DVD, VHS and musical scores.
How Long Does It Take?
Materials usually arrive within 3-5 days, but can take up to two weeks to arrive. Please keep this in mind when placing requests. You will be notified in your Lycoming email when your item arrives.
How Long Can I Keep Materials?
EZBorrow materials circulate for 12 weeks. Renewals are not permitted.
Where Do I Return EZBorrow Materials?
Return all EZBorrow and ILL materials to the Circulation Desk.
What Is the Difference Between EZBorrow and ILL?
The short answer to this question is that EZBorrow is just for books and physical materials; ILL is for books and articles. Also, if a book is not available through EZBorrow, it still may be available through ILL. The advantage of EZBorrow is that the books arrive earlier and you can borrow them for longer.
How Can I Check the Status of my EZBorrow Requests?
You will receive an email notification once you place an EZBorrow request. You will also receive an email notification if your request can't be supplied, is canceled, and when it arrives and is available for pickup at the Library's Circulation Desk. At this moment, there is no "my account" feature in EZBorrow. If you need more information about a request please use the contact information at the bottom of this page.
How Do I Place a Request?
- Search for an item by entering title, keyword, author or ISBN in the search bar. Click "find."
- Identify the correct item on the search results page and then click the blue "request" button.
- A new tab will open and you will be prompted to log in.
- Select “Lycoming College” from the “Select Institution” drop down menu.
- Enter your 9-digit Lycoming College ID number (this appears on the bottom of your ID card).
- Click "submit."
- Fill out the information in the request confirmation form and click “confirm request.”
- Pick up location (required) – From the drop down menu select "Snowden Library."
- Other fields are optional: Date needed– The date by which the patron needs to receive the material. Volumes needed – If the work is a multi-volume set, the patron can specify which volumes they need. Notes– Any additional notes about the request.
The Document Delivery/ILL Department adheres to generally accepted national copyright guidelines as they have been interpreted for libraries.
For Further Questions, Contact
John G. Snowden Library
One College Place
Williamsport, PA 17701-5192
Phone: (570) 321-4153
Fax: (570) 321-4090
Interlibrary Loan / Document Delivery and E-ZBorrow
Phone: (570) 321-4091