Aerial view of campus with Williamsport, the Susquehanna River and Bald Eagle Mountain as a backdrop

Payment Options

Payment Plans to Make Your Plan Possible

At the time that your application is evaluated, you’ll be considered for financial assistance, including scholarships, grants, loans, and student employment. That way, when you receive your admission decision, you’ll already know how we can help you finance your education. To learn more about your options and eligibility, see below:

  • Academic Scholarships

    Awarded to full-time students who meet certain SAT and high school GPA requirements. If chosen, you’ll receive written notification of your award from Admissions. Your scholarship will be automatically renewed for up to eight semesters of on campus as long as you maintain satisfactory academic progress.

  • Federal Pell Grant

    Eligibility for the Federal Pell Grant, which is designed for students with exceptional financial need, is determined by the U.S. Department of Education. Federal Pell Grants don’t need to be repaid.

  • Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

    The FSEOG is awarded to students with exceptional financial need, as determined by federal methodology. Because funding is limited, priority will be given to students who also qualify for the Pell Grant.

  • PHEAA State Grant

    Awarded to Pennsylvania residents, who meet domicile requirements, who the PA Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) has determined to be eligible. PHEAA must receive your FAFSA prior to May 1, and will notify you of your eligibility mid-May. Students must earn 24 credits each year to maintain eligibility for a maximum of eight semesters.

  • Private scholarships or grants

    Students must inform the College of any grants or scholarships received from outside sources (i.e. parents’ employers, churches, civic organizations, or high schools). By law, these awards must be considered part of the total financial aid award, and may alter the financial aid package.

  • Student Loans

    If you’ve been offered a student loan as part of your financial aid package, you may reduce or reject the loan by indicating so on your award notification. If you do not reject or change the loan amount, it will be processed for the amount offered. All loans must be repaid, whether or not you complete your academic program.

  • Subsidized Stafford Loan

    A subsidized Stafford Loan is a need-based loan, with interest paid by the government while you’re enrolled; repayment begins after you leave school. Eligibility is determined based on your FAFSA, and may change if you receive additional non-college aid.

  • Unsubsidized Stafford Loan

    Students who do not qualify for a subsidized Stafford Loan will qualify for an unsubsidized Stafford Loan. The unsubsidized Stafford Loan is not need-based and borrowers are responsible for paying interest. If the interest is deferred, it will be capitalized or added to the amount of the loan.

  • Applying for a Federal Direct Stafford Loan

    To borrow from the Federal Direct Stafford Loan for the first time, visit You will be asked to complete entrance counseling and sign an electronic Master Promissory Note (MPN) only once, even if you borrow more than one Direct Stafford Loan while enrolled.


    Academic Grade Level (earned credits) Gross Amounts
    First-Year (0-23 credits) $5,500
    Sophomore (24-55 credits) $6,500
    Junior (56-95 credits) $7,500
    Senior (96 credits or more) $7,500
    Aggregate Loan Limit $31,000
  • Federal and Institutional Work-Study Programs

    Federal work-study provides on-campus and off-campus employment to students with financial need, while institutional work-study provides on-campus employment to students who are ineligible for federal work-study. Funding for work-study is provided by the College, and can be sought by any Lycoming student.

  • Campus employment

    Lycoming’s work-study program gives students an opportunity to find part-time employment on campus. Work-study earnings will not be credited to your account to reduce your tuition bill, but may be used to meet other college-related expenses, such as books, supplies, and laundry. Major campus employers include the cafeteria, buildings and grounds, the library, and the recreation center.

  • Private alternative loans

    We encourage all students to consider federal loans before seeking private alternative loans; however, many loan programs are available for families who are ineligible for financial aid or who need additional funds to cover expenses.

If you have questions about financial aid or your eligibility for any of the options above: