Admission to Lycoming College is competitive. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of their academic preparation, talents, and interests, as well as the College’s capacity to help them achieve their educational objectives and career goals. Although candidates receive a holistic review, successful candidates for admission have typically completed a college preparatory program in high school, which includes:
- four years of English
- at least three years of math
- at least two years of modern language
- at least two years of natural or physical science
- at least three years of social science
- and two years of academic electives.
In addition, successful admission candidates generally place in the top two-fifths of their high school graduating class and score better than the national average on the SAT or ACT exams.
As part of our comprehensive review process, supplemental materials, as well as a personal interview, may be required prior to the determination of admissibility.
Here’s what you should know about Lycoming’s Test Optional Choice:
The college application process can be stressful, especially if you know that your standardized test scores don’t reflect your full potential. While many of our incoming students place in the top two-fifths of their graduating class and have above average SAT or ACT scores, we’re happy to evaluate the rigor of your high school classes, your GPA, letters of recommendation, and extracurricular activities instead. It’s an initiative we call the Test Optional Choice, and it could help take your application from good to great.
- You must fall in the top half of your graduating class to be eligible.
- Two graded writing samples are required in place of your test scores. Each sample should be at least two pages long and analytical in nature.
- You’ll still get consideration for all types of financial aid. You will also get full consideration for academic scholarships, talent scholarships, and grants.
Interested? Complete the Test Optional Choice form and return it to Admissions.
Access the Form