The Keiper Recreation Center will be CLOSED from Monday, January 18 – Sunday, January 31. We will re-open on Monday, February 1.
As of 8/20/2020 at 7:00 a.m., face coverings will be mandatory at ALL TIMES within the Keiper Recreation Center and this includes during all exercise as well. Whether utilizing the Fitness Center, Weight Room, Toning Room, Rec Courts or any other area in the Rec, a face covering is required. Please be cognizant of your level of exercise intensity. If you cannot wear a mask during exercise, we kindly ask that you take advantage of the beautiful outdoors.
We are committed to the health and safety of all of our students, faculty, and staff. Help us COMBAT COVID-19 by following these safety measures:
- All patrons are required to have their temperature taken on a daily basis via thermal scanners located throughout campus before utilizing the Keiper Recreation Center. Patrons who have not had their temperature taken prior to entering the Rec can do so at the scanner located by the front desk.
- Social distancing at all times 6 feet apart.
- Wear mask in/out of the facility.
- Mask strongly encouraged while working out and with all low-intensity exercise.
- Patron cleans machines before and after use.
- Entry and exit ways will be limited, follow signage.
- 50% occupancy limits will be enforced.
- Wash hands before and after using facility.
- Locker Rooms will remain closed at this time.
- No equipment checkout at this time.
DO NOT ENTER the building if you are experiencing fever, cough, shortness of breath, or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Contact your healthcare provider immediately.
The Keiper Recreation Center is open for limited hours during holidays, breaks and other special events. Efforts will be made to inform patrons of the facility closing in advance, and can be checked on the website.
Guidelines for Reserving Courts in the Recreation Center
Volleyball and tennis courts will be set up during established times for people to play. Reservations for volleyball or tennis may be made up to 24 hours in advance of the designated play times. Only one daily reservation will be accepted per person, per day in 1 hour increments. Reservations may be made by: current students, current and retired faculty/staff, members of the Board of Trustees. The patron who has made the reservation must claim the court in person, at the Front Desk within 10 minutes of the reservation time. Vacant courts may be claimed 10 minutes past the reservation time.