Theatre Learning Goals
Theatre students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the distinctive roles performed by the artists who contribute to the creation of a theatrical production.
- Analyze and evaluate dramatic texts and theatrical productions from a variety of perspectives: performance, directorial, design, and technical.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of world theatre and drama from its origins to the present, and its relationship to the distinctive social, political and cultural aspects of each era, with attention paid to the diversity of global cultures.
- Develop skills necessary to enter professional world of theatre by participating actively in the creation of collaborative theatrical productions and undertaking a variety of production roles including performance, direction, design, and/or technical.
- Articulate a distinct artistic vision and style in at least one area of the theatre; demonstrating familiarity with process, theory, approach, and industry-wide best practices.