Theatre Learning Goals
Theatre students will be able to:
- Students in Understanding Theatre Courses will demonstrate an understanding of the distinctive roles performed by the artists who contribute to the creation of a theatrical production
- Theatre students will be able to analyze and evaluate dramatic texts and theatrical productions from a variety of perspectives
- Demonstrate an understanding of the historical development of world theatre and drama from its origins to the present, and its relationship to the distinctive social, political and cultural aspects of each era, with attention paid to the diversity of global cultures.
- Theatre majors will demonstrate competency in more than one practical area of theatre
- Theatre majors will develop a successful capstone project in their area of specialization that utilizes the industry-wide best practices