Civic Engagement and Personal Development
I am Serving . . . I am Lycoming
Every day, Lycoming students impact the world in profound and meaningful ways. The Office of Civic Engagement and Personal Development seeks to provide the foundation for students to expand their worldview, become engaged citizens, and lead the next generation. From service opportunities aligned to your specific interests to programming that allows you to explore or sharpen your personal faith, Lycoming strives to help you enhance your professional growth and personal fulfillment. The office acts as a liaison and facilitator between local agencies and the campus community.
How Can I Get Involved?
- Get Connected – Check out our online service portal to start exploring community service opportunities in the Williamsport area!
- First-Year Experience – Meet new people and ease the transition to college life by participating in an immersive summer service experience in the heart of Williamsport with other incoming students.
- Clubs & Organizations – Included in our nearly 80 clubs and organizations are a variety of groups dedicated to giving back and bettering the community.
- Service Learning – Want to give your time and talent while earning credit? This program is connected to the classroom, embedding service and reflection into academic coursework.
- Email Us – Get in touch with our helpful student staff who are happy to help connect you with the right community service opportunity for you.
- Connect with a range of service opportunities, from homelessness/substandard housing and poverty aid/prevention to education/mentoring.
- Spend your spring break pursuing service across urban and rural communities in the United States and the Dominican Republic with our alternative spring break trips.
- Participate in Service Saturdays: a day set aside for students to engage in local service programming.