Download Image: Web
Lycoming College Art Gallery in downtown Williamsport will once again open its doors to the community for the annual juried exhibition featuring the thesis works of Lycoming College graduating senior art students. The exhibition opens April 12, with an artist reception 5-7:30 p.m., and a gallery talk at 6 p.m., with the gallery remaining open until 9 p.m. that evening. The exhibition will run through May 11.
The Lycoming College Juried Senior Show is the culmination of thesis projects for all seniors with a major in studio art. All studio art majors are required to produce a cohesive body of professional thesis work, and must be chosen by an outside juror to exhibit in the Senior Show in order to graduate.
This year’s juror is Vincent Cianni, a documentary photographer who uses image, text, and audio to investigate issues that focus on advocacy, social justice, human and civil rights, community, and memory. Cianni’s work has been exhibited in numerous national and international exhibitions. His photographs are represented in the collections of MOMA; Duke University’s Archive of Documentary Arts, Kinsey Institute for Sexual Research; Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; George Eastman House; Philadelphia Museum of Art; Los Angeles County Museum of Art; Harry Ranson Humanities Research Center, Austin, TX; Museet fur Fotokunst, Sweden; Bibliotheque National de France, Paris; The Buhl Collection, NYC; Musee Pierre Noel, Saint-Die-des-Vosges, France; University of Maryland; and Palm Springs Art Museum.
The 2019 Senior Art Show will feature works by:
- Schai Bilger (Williamsport) — art: generalist major; education certificate
- Briana Burley-Inners (South Williamsport, Pa.) — art: commercial design, art: photography/digital major
- Kendyl Cartagena (Newton, N.J.) — art: painting, psychology major
- Rebecca Donohue (Schuykl Haven, Pa.) — art: photography/digital, art history major
- Kayla Everett (Joppa, Md.) — art: commercial design, art: photography/digital major; art history minor
- Abigail Glasby (Edgewater, Md.) — art: generalist major
- Brooke Hillegass (Palmerton, Pa.) — art: generalist major; education certificate
- Nicole Iorio (Aberdeen, Md.) — art: commercial design major; business administration minor
- Aminah Keith (Orange, N.J.) — art: generalist major
- Jessica Mcnealy (Williamsport) — art: generalist major; archaeology minor
- Minh Nguyen (Hanoi, Vietnam) — art: commercial design
- Kimberleigh Parroccini (Warren, Pa.) — art: painting, art history, psychology major
- Karen Perez (Houston, Texas) — art: commercial design, digital media communication: visual major
- Helen Ross (Hellertown, Pa.) — art: commercial design major; business administration minor
- Hattie Sandberg (Pottstown, Pa.) — art: photography/digital major; French minor
The Lycoming College Art Gallery, located in downtown Williamsport at 25 W. Fourth St., contributes to the city’s arts culture and provides a way for the College to become more involved with the community surrounding it. Lycoming art students have the opportunity to interact with visiting artists, as well as learn first-hand the inner workings of a gallery.
During the run of exhibitions, the gallery is open Wednesday through Friday, 4 – 8 p.m.; Saturday, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. and 5 – 9 p.m. For more information, please visit the gallery online at https://www.lycoming.edu/art/gallery.html or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The gallery is closed during academic breaks.