The Department of Anthropology and Sociology aims to cultivate in our majors the following skills, knowledge, and abilities:
- Develop an understanding of the major foundational concepts, methods and theories in the field of Anthropology, Sociology or Medical Sociology.
- Articulate empirical research questions and hypotheses, with logical plans of data collection and analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge of ethical issues relevant to conducting research.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the sub-disciplines of Anthropology, Sociology, or Medical Sociology.
- Gain practical experience in conducting research.
- Develop effective critical thinking, oral and written communication, information literacy and research skills.