Download Image: Web
Graduating Lycoming College students will display their final thesis work in an exhibit held at the Lycoming College Art Gallery, running from Friday, March 31 to Saturday, May 13. The gallery is open Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 4-8 p.m., and the exhibits are free and open to the public.
The Lycoming College Senior Show is the culmination of thesis projects for all seniors with a major in studio art, and all studio art majors are required to produce a cohesive body of professional work to exhibit, including an artist statement. In addition to those majoring in the art program, all graduating art minors will display works at the show. The 2023 Senior Art Show features works from the following graduating seniors:
- Elena Lucchi – art major
- Bee Sanchez – art major, psychology minor
- Joshua Santiago – art: 3D animation major, film and video arts minor
- Kellyn Thomas – art: graphic design/3D animation major
- Tameryn Distler – criminology and psychology double major, 2D animation minor
- Katelyn Jimenez – sociology major, sculpture and history minor
- Aicha Toure – neuroscience major, photography and psychology minor
- Divine Nosakhare – corporate communication major, painting minor
- Kaitlyn Kratzer – music major, Spanish and painting minor
- Rosemary Tovar – film and video art major, business administration and photography minor
The Lycoming College Art Gallery, located in downtown Williamsport at 25 W. Fourth St., contributes to the city’s arts culture and provides a way for the College to become more involved with the community surrounding it. Lycoming art students have the opportunity to interact with visiting artists, as well as learn first-hand the inner workings of a gallery.
Lycoming College's art program offers all the benefits of a standalone art school while also providing a traditional liberal arts education, giving students exciting, inspiring opportunities and opening their minds to broader possibilities. The art department is recognized for its innovative program, cutting-edge digital design, and exceptional faculty of teachers and practicing professional artists. Students graduate equipped with everything they need to succeed as working professional artists, graphic/web designers, photographers, teachers, art therapists, conservators, curators, gallerists, animators, or in their pursuit of a higher degree. More information can be found at https://www.lycoming.edu/art/.