Virtual Pamphlet Collection (University of Chicago)
Recommended Sites and Links
The following titles on eating and body image issues are available at Gurze Publications (http://www.bulimia.com):
- Moving Away From Diets: New Ways to Heal Eating Problems and Exercise Resistance
- Eating Mindfully: How to End Mindless Eating and Enjoy a Balanced Relationship with Food
- Eating in the Light of the Moon
- When Food is Love: Exploring the Relationship Between Eating and Intimacy
- It's Not About Food: End Your Obsession with Food & Weight
- Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls
- Desperately Seeking Self: An Inner Guidebook for People With Eating Problems by Viola Fodor
- Self-Esteem Comes in All Sizes
- Body Image Workbook: An 8-step program for learning to like your looks
- Eating Disorder Sourcebook
- Bulimia: A Guide to Recovery: Understanding and Overcoming the Binge-Purge Syndrome
- Bulimia Nervosa and Binge-Eating: A Guide to Recovery
- Overcoming Overeating
- Conquer Your Cravings: Four Steps to Stopping the Struggle and Winning Your Inner Battle with Foods
- Constant Craving: What Your Food Cravings Mean and How to Overcome Them
- Making Peace with Food
- The Deadly Diet: Recovering from Anorexia and Bulimia
- The Golden Cage: The Enigma of Anorexia Nervosa
- Your Dieting Daughter: Is She Dying for Attention?
- Recovery from Compulsive Eating: A Complete Guide to the Twelve Step Program
- The Secret Language of Eating Disorders: The Revolutionary New Approach to Understanding and Curing Anorexia and Bulimia
- Beyond the Food Game: A Spiritual and Psychological Approach to Healing Emotional Eating
- Treating and Overcoming Anorexia Nervosa
- Love Hunger: Recovery from Food Addiction
- Like Mother, Like Daughter: How Women Are Influenced by Their Mother's Relationship with Food and How to Break the Pattern
- Chocolate Is My Kryptonite: Feeding Your Feelings How to Survive the Forces of Food
- Bulimia: A Guide for Family and Friends
- Fat Is a Feminist Issue: The Anti-Diet Guide to Permanent Weight Loss
- French Toast for Breakfast: Declaring Peace With Emotional Eating
- Full Lives: Women Who Have Freed Themselves from Food and Weight Obsession
- Fat Is a Family Affair
- Fasting Girls: The History of Anorexia Nervosa
- The Monster Within: Overcoming Bulimia
For facts, information and news about alcohol check out this site hosted at SUNY Potsdam.
The University of Indiana at Bloomington maintains a file on all aspects of the use of beverage alcohol as well as various aspects of collegiate drinking.
If you are concerned about whether or not you may have a problem with drinking the Boston University School of Public Health in connection with the national group Join Together has developed a screening instrument which can be used anonymously to get some feed back about your use.
The University of Oklahoma Police Department has a special page on their website dedicated to finding out what an individual's blood alcohol level could be based on height, weight and quantity consumed. It can also compute backwards from a known blood alcohol level to quantity ingested.
The pros and cons of lowering the drinking age from 21 to 18.