Job Search Websites
Job Search Website Advisory
Job/employment search sites are an excellent tool for finding a job after college; however, as with any internet resource, there are certain safety issues which should be addressed. Reviewing these guidelines before applying for jobs online is highly recommended.
- Do your research. Check out companies before submitting an application. If there is no company listed, be wary of a potential scam.
- Follow job listing instructions, but do not include salary history/requirements (see Resumes).
- Craigslist is a great site for many things, but be advised - send an email expressing interest and asking for more information before including/submitting a resume or personal information such as phone number or address.
- Before posting a resume on a public job bank site, for your safety, remove your address and phone number.
- To help prevent identity theft, never include a social security number, credit card number or other personal data on any resume, especially one that is posted on a public job bank site.
Job Search Sites
Newspapers - Classified Ads
Some Industry Specfic Job Search Websites
Federal/State/Local Governemnet Job Search Egnines/Websites
Job Search Assistance Resource Websites
Veteran Specific Job Search Resources