Science, Technology and Math Preview
Saturday, October 10
Check-in will begin at 10:30 a.m.; the program will begin at 11:00 a.m.
7 reasons you can't miss our Science, Technology and Math Preview:
- Explore undergraduate research projects that have been presented at national and international conferences.
- Meet undergraduate researchers and the professors who collaborate with them.
- Share the excitement of our new Lynn Science Center and Detwiler Planetarium.
- See undergraduates use all the latest laboratory technology.
- Learn about our 3-2 engineering partnership with the prestigious Watson School of Engineering at SUNY Binghamton.
- Discover how we can prepare you for careers in high-tech corporations, like NASA, Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and various defense industries with our astrophysics major.
- Hear about our new Math Center and how it will revolutionize mathematics and prepare students for the MCAT, GRE and other graduate-level admission tests.
You'll get to choose from the following sessions:
- Choosing a Health Profession - Discuss everything you have ever wanted to know about health-related careers. Learn how to maximize your chances of getting accepted to the professional schools of your choice. Hosted by professors of biology.
- Clean Air, Clean Water and the Environment - While environmental issues affect all areas, scientists play a crucial role in advancing technology. We will explore some of the most cutting-edge careers of the 21st century, from environmental law to improving aquatic habitats. Hosted by professors of biology.
- Biology: A World of Possibilities - From cancer research to teaching, molecular biology to forensics, biology spans a variety of careers. Get a fresh look at what you can do with a biology degree. Hosted by professors of biology.
- Chemistry: The Central Science - What do a pharmacist, doctor, criminologist, engineer, resource manager, agronomist and a science teacher have in common? Chemistry. Whether you are interested in a chemistry-focused career, or are just exploring science-related careers, this session is for you. You will be amazed at the variety of job opportunities an education in chemistry can provide. Hosted by professors of chemistry.
- Astronomy & Physics: The Fundamental Sciences - Explore matter and energy, space and time, and the origin and evolution of our universe. A background in physics or astronomy prepares students for a diverse variety of careers both inside and outside of science. Career opportunities include: research, engineering, secondary education, planetarium/museum work, law and finance. Hosted by professors of astronomy and physics.
- Master Mathematical Sciences: Calculating the Control of Your Future - Explore how logical thinking, analytical skills and effective decision making can unlock the door to careers in actuarial science, systems analysis, cryptology, software engineering and many more. Hosted by professors of mathematical science.
- Outside the Classroom - Learn how our students go beyond the classroom experience with internships, independent studies and research projects tailored to their interests and career plans. Hosted by students from the biology, chemistry, astronomy and physics departments.