ARTS@Lycoming Open House
Art is recognized for innovative art programs, cutting-edge digital design, well-equipped studios, and exceptional faculty who are practicing professional artists and dedicated teachers.
Creative writing offers expert workshops in poetry, short fiction, and creative essay. Our graduates have a very high success rate of entering the graduate programs of their choice.
Digital media communication is a technology-based, innovative major featuring expert faculty, cutting edge studio courses and concentrations in digital filmmaking and visual media.
Music offers a rich, flexible curriculum serving both serious performers and scholars interested in diverse fields. Our faculty members have experience in nearly every performance area.
Theatre offers concentrations in acting, directing and tech design combined with extraordinary opportunities in our rigorous student-driven production program.
Are you a creative individual looking for a career in the arts?
ARTS@Lycoming is a dedicated fine and performing arts program housed in a liberal arts college, combining the best of both worlds. Students gain practical experience through professional internships, performances, competitions, exhibitions, screenings, and student teaching.
Here's our schedule for Sunday, January 26:
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. - Check-in/Registration
- 12:15 -1:00 p.m. – Arts Extravaganza
- 1:00-1:30 p.m. – Department Presentations
- 1:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Visit with department faculty and students & department tours
- 1:30 – 4:00 p.m. – Portfolio Reviews & Auditions
- Must be scheduled in advance by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 800.345.3920
- ART: Present a portfolio of 8-12 pieces and a sketchbook. Work does not have to be matted.
- CREATIVE WRITING: Submit work to Creative Writing Scholarship c/o Admissions.
- DIGITAL MEDIA COMMUNICATION: Present a demo reel, video, or digital image portfolio.
- MUSIC: Prepare two contrasting pieces to play.
- THEATRE: Perform two texts of your choice (acting) or present a portfolio (directing or design/technology).
- 1:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Campus Tours
- 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. – Admissions Presentations
To register for an audition or portfolio review, please contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-345-3920, ext. 4026 or email@example.com after submitting your online registration.