Accepted Students Day
Sunday, April 6
Registration begins at 12:15 p.m. Program begins at 1 p.m.
Accepted Students Day Sessions:
- Career Planning & Services - Are you a parent sending your child to college or a student going to college with the belief that a degree is necessary for maximum opportunity in life? Do you know that just having a college degree isn't enough to capitalize on the value of your investment? Do you know that picking a major doesn't mean you have picked a career? Everyone must make career decisions, but not everyone is taught how. Don't miss this unique opportunity to learn what Lycoming does to ensure that you don't just end up with a piece of paper on the wall, but also an investment in your future!
- Essential Distinctions - Learn about our admission requirements, important dates, deadlines and other information from academic programs and study abroad, to campus activities and internships.
- Life Outside the Classroom - There's more to Lycoming than final exams, lectures, term papers and labs. Lycoming offers 60 chartered clubs and organizations and 25 intercollegiate and intramural sports programs. Join the team, run for office, launch a new activity, take the lead in a musical...this program shows you how.
- Financial Aid - With the many changes occurring in student financial aid, one of your family members may wish to attend this session. While this program is structured informally, you will appreciate the opportunity to take part in this questions and answer format.
- A Year in the Life of a Freshman - Are you nervous about your transition from high school to college? Andrew Kilpatrick, Assistant Dean for Freshmen, will discuss the services we provide to help first-year students get the most out of their freshmen year.
- Lycoming's Little Instruction Book - 15 suggestions, observations and reminders on "what's hot and what's not" at Lycoming. Our students and alumni will offer suggestions about what to bring, what's in style, how to decorate, what to take to class, how to manage your time and how to be a successful student. Plus, special tips for parents on letting go and supporting a college student from a distance.
- Campus Tours - In what year did we defeat Penn State in football? Where is the good luck bell located? How do we celebrate Thanksgiving? Find out the answers to these questions and more on your personalized, student-guided tour of campus.