Subject Tutoring by Appointment: Fall 2014
To set up appointments, simply email the tutors listed below. The list is updated frequently, so check back or email Shanna Wheeler.
Our subject tutors seek to foster independence in students as learners as they improve grade performance. Tutoring is FREE to Lycoming students and takes place in public areas on campus, such as Snowden Library or Pennington Lounge. You and the tutor can decide when and where you'll meet.
To prepare for your tutoring session, scroll down to "How to Make the Most of Your Appointment."
Tutors' names below are links to their email addresses. If you can't send an email by simply clicking on a name, you can view a tutor's email address by right-clicking on the name and selecting "Properties." You can also search for a tutor's email address using your Outlook Webmail account.
Questions? Contact Shanna Wheeler (570) 321-4392.
For the Math Department's tutoring schedule, click here.
How to Make the Most of Your Appointment:
Come prepared, ready to actively engage.
- Do some studying beforehand so you know what material you do and don't know.
- Have a plan in mind for the session.
- Prepare specific questions and concerns.
- Bring any necessary course materials.
Know what to expect.
- The tutors have been trained to help you succeed in a given subject area.
- The tutor is a supplemental resource for you, someone who will guide you in the right direction and challenge you to succeed on your own two feet.
- Don't expect the tutor to re-lecture course material.
- Don't expect the tutor to do your work for you.
The time you spend with a tutor is only as useful as you make it. Your effort and engagement make tutoring sessions all the more beneficial to you. The tutor is willing. Are you?
Note: Every time you meet with a tutor, a brief report is sent to your professor to show that you are making an extra effort to succeed.