Scholarships are available for experienced and non-experienced students who have an interest in majoring or minoring in theatre and who will be involved in the life of the Theatre department during their studies at Lycoming College.
If you are planning to pursue a major or a minor in theatre, you are encouraged to audition/interview for a scholarship with faculty from the Theatre Department.
View the dates and the requirements for audition/interview and register here, or contact the Admissions Office at 1-800-345-3920 ext. 4026. Special arrangements may be made in exceptional circumstances when a student cannot attend either of the Scholarship Days. Contact the Admissions Office to check the theatre department’s faculty availability.
Please note that scholarships are contingent upon acceptance into the Lycoming College.
We also offer a number of employment and work-study positions in the Theatre Department. Each year, 15-20 students work alongside faculty and staff in our Scene Shop, Costume Shop, Box Office, and the Theatre Department Office.
Box Office Assistant:
- Sell tickets to productions
- Operate box-office software
- Assist in creating and disseminating advertising for productions
Costume Shop Assistant
- Assist Costume Designer and Costumier in construction of costumes
- Assist in maintenance of costumes
Theatre Department Office Assistant
- Assist faculty and department secretary in a variety of office tasks: photocopying, filing, etc.
- Maintain Theatre Department Library
- Create PowerPoints and other course support for faculty
Scene Shop Assistant
- Assist Scene Designer and Technical Director in the construction of scenery
- Paint scenery
- Hang and focus lighting instruments