Thanksgiving Break 2017
- Official Thanksgiving Break is from 9:00 p.m. Tuesday, November 21st until 10:00 a.m. Sunday, November 26th.
- Meal service ends at 3:00 pm on November 21st and begins with dinner on November 26th.
- Campus dining (Wertz dining hall, Jack's Place, and Cafe 1812) is closed during the entire Thanksgiving Break; in other words, there are no dining services open during this time.
- Campus housing functions with limited operation (Buildings & Grounds, Custodial, and Residential Life.)
- The Office of Safety & Security is fully operational 24/7, however, other campus offices are closed Thursday and Friday.
Closing Your Residence For Break
All residents (halls, apartments, and Commons) are responsible for completing the following:
- Store all food in sealed plastic or metal containers.
- Tidy your residence and empty your trash, including the bathroom.
- Unplug all electrical items except refrigerators and fish tanks*. In other words, there should be nothing other than a refrigerator and fish tank plugged into any outlet in a residence. Power strips must also be unplugged from the wall outlets. *The College does not take responsibility for plants or fish left over any break.
- Turn off all lights. (Apartments/Commons residents should leave porch lights on, if applicable.)
- Close and lock all windows.
- Pull the window shade(s) down halfway. (Apartments/Commons residents should pull 1st floor shades all the way up.)
- Lock your door(s). Be sure you have your ID and key(s).
- Move your vehicle to a student parking lot if you plan to leave it on campus during the break.
All housing will be inspected by staff for Health & Safety and/or proper closing procedures on Wednesday, November 22nd. Failure to follow closing procedures will result in a minimum $15.00 fine.
Staying on Campus For Break
- Break housing residents are permitted to have only break housing residents as guests in their rooms and buildings; they may not have any overnight guests.
- With the exception of the guest policy stated above, all College and Residential Life policies apply to students who remain on campus during break. Policies are on the Res Life webpage at: https://www.lycoming.edu/residentialLife.
- Resident students who will be on campus during any/all of break must submit an online registration form in Web Advisor by 12 midnight on Monday, November 20th. You may find this form by logging into myLyco and then going to WebAdvisor . In your WebAdvisor options, go to the"Residential Life" section and look for "Housing Requests". You can then select "Thanksgiving Break Registration" in the "Housing Type" drop-down. Failure to register will be considered an Improper Closing and will result in a $15 fine/resident.