AAS (American Antiquarian Society) Historical Periodicals Collection
- Includes 50 thematic collections of late-17th century through late-19th century periodicals that detail American history and culture. Some examples of the thematic collections include: American Political and Social Movements, 1815-1884; Advertising Periodicals, 1815-1888; Periodicals of the British Empire and its Colonies, 1702-1879; and Slavery and Abolition, 1789-1887. For a complete list of all of the thematic collections click here.
African American Newspapers, 1827-1998
- Provides searchable full text with page and article images to the African American Newspapers collection
America's Historical Newspapers
- Provides searchable full text with page and article images to the Early American Newspapers, Series 1 (1690-1876)
Caribbean Newspaper, 1718-1876
- Provides searchable full text with page and article images to the Caribbean Newspapers collection
New York Times (ProQuest Historical Newspapers)
- Provides searchable full text with page and article images. The complete text of recent articles is provided cover to cover all the way back to the first issue in September 1851. Not only news, editorials, letters to the editor, obituaries, and birth and marriage announcements but also historical photos, drawings, maps, charts, and advertisements.
- Provides searchable full text articles of this Philadelphia newspaper from 1860-2001.
- Provides searchable full text articles from this Pittsburgh newspaper from 1786-1985.
- A statewide digitization service for the storage and retrieval of digitized collections created by libraries and other entities located throughout Pennsylvania. Primary focus is on collections of interest to the citizens of Pennsylvania.
Times Digital Archive