Part-Time Assistant Football Coach
Position posted on: 03-13-2020
Lycoming College’s Athletic department is now accepting applications for a part-time assistant football coach. The duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited the following:
- Assist the Head Coach in the organization and execution of practices and competitive events. Instruct student-athletes with sound principles and expert skills related to football, prepare individual athletes and team for games, set season goals and motivate students using techniques that meet the needs of the students and that are consistent with the Lycoming College athletic program philosophy.
- Assist in the design and implementation of schemes to prepare our team to be successful on a weekly basis.
- Know and abide by NCAA Division III regulations and Middle Atlantic States Athletic Conference rules. Successfully complete the annual NCAA “open book” rules test.
- Comply with the policies and procedures outlined in the Lycoming College Athletic Training handbook. Cooperate with athletic trainers to ensure student-athletes receive proper medical and physical training services.
- Model integrity, respect, and good sportsmanship at all times and hold student-athletes accountable for the same behavior.
- Promote the football team, the overall athletic program and Lycoming College with team alumni, parents and community members.
- In compliance with NCAA Division III rules and regulations for football, recruit student-athletes who meet the College’s admission requirements, who possess the potential to contribute to your team, and who will add positively to the student body.
- Help to monitor the academic success of student-athletes and collaborate with faculty, the Assistant Dean for Freshmen and other key personnel to promote academic success. Support the academic development of your student-athletes through graduation.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
Education requirements are a bachelor’s degree College level coaching and playing experience preferred. Effective in good interpersonal telecommunication skills, public relations and student recruiting.
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "PT Football Coach" as the subject line. Please include three professional references and contact information. Application review will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle record check and background check clearances conducted.
Founded in 1812, Lycoming College is one of the nation's oldest and most respected residential liberal arts colleges. Lycoming is ranked by Forbes as a Top ROI College and by The Princeton Review as one of The 385 Best Colleges. Lycoming College's strong endowment-per-student and fiscal acumen provide the foundation to support a first-rate undergraduate education. The College is dedicated to providing a high-quality liberal arts and sciences education including more than 100 majors, minors, and concentrations. Our community of scholars collaborate with and mentor our diverse student body of approximately 1,200 active learners, including 35 percent international and domestic students of color, representing over 50 states, territories, and countries. Students compete in 17 NCAA Division III sports, participate in faculty-driven research, thrive in a robust program of internships, and study abroad in more than two dozen countries. Lycoming is located in Williamsport, PA, a city rich in the arts and ideally situated for outdoor recreation. Williamsport is the site of a world-class healthcare system (UPMC Susquehanna), modern manufacturing, federal offices and county seat, energy and natural gas resources, and home to and the birthplace of the Little League World Series. Learn more at www.lycoming.edu.
Lycoming College proudly celebrates and values diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.