Manager of User Success
Position posted on: 07-25-2019
Lycoming College seeks qualified candidates for the full-time, benefits-eligible position of Manager of User Success. This position provides management and direction for information technology equipment and user success for students, faculty and staff. The primary responsibilities include overseeing day-to-day user support needs as well as managing general use campus owned devices including computer workstations, laptops, tablets and other technology devices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supervision of support staff both internal and external to the College.
- Oversee and manage yearly training opportunities for campus users, including but not limited to Office applications, Information Security, and Skype for Business.
- Coordinate, build, and test operating system and application configurations for faculty/staff, public use, computer labs, and classroom devices.
- Maintain accurate and current inventory of all campus owned devices.
- Participate in hardware and software reviews and recommend purchases.
- Manage the computer replacement budget for College-owned devices.
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support computer workstations, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and other computer equipment.
- Responsible for student employment, including all aspects of management, training and deployment. Conducts on-the-job training and technology classes demonstrating the proper operation and care of personal computers, peripheral devices, and software programs.
- Primary liaison and support for specialty systems such as Proximity Card Access.
- Install, test and support operating systems, both Macintosh and Windows platforms, and all college general use software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office, Adobe) and related peripheral devices.
- Member of the Information Technology Services - Leadership Team to help guide day-to-day as well as strategic planning for the department.
- Promote the education and use of information security standards as a primary objective of information technology solutions.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
High school diploma required; 5 years’ experience in supporting information technology required; two years of college or university coursework in computer science, operating systems, information systems, network administration or related fields preferred. Experience in technical and systems support including troubleshooting, installing desktop hardware, software and related peripheral equipment required. Successful candidates must possess excellent problem-solving skills; must be willing to accept additional responsibilities when asked; must be willing to work flexible hours when required; have well-developed interpersonal skills; must be able to work independently and as a vital member of a support team; must be able to work under pressure and effectively communicate with all constituencies on campus. Prior supervisory experience preferred. Working environment requirements include the ability to walk between buildings, ascend and descend stairs, deliver equipment, lift 30 pounds unassisted.
Submit cover letter and resume including the names and telephone numbers of three professional references. Electronic submission of application materials is required. Please reference “Manager of User Success” in the subject line of the email.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Post-offer, pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check conducted.
Founded in 1812, Lycoming College is one of the nation's oldest and most respected residential liberal arts colleges. Lycoming is ranked by Forbes as a Top ROI College and by The Princeton Review as one of The 385 Best Colleges. Lycoming College's strong endowment-per-student and fiscal acumen provide the foundation to support a first-rate undergraduate education. The College is dedicated to providing a high-quality liberal arts and sciences education including more than 100 majors, minors, and concentrations. Our community of scholars collaborate with and mentor our diverse student body of approximately 1,200 active learners, including 35 percent international and domestic students of color, representing over 50 states, territories, and countries. Students compete in 17 NCAA Division III sports, participate in faculty-driven research, thrive in a robust program of internships, and study abroad in more than two dozen countries. Lycoming is located in Williamsport, PA, a city rich in the arts and ideally situated for outdoor recreation. Williamsport is the site of a world-class healthcare system (UPMC Susquehanna), modern manufacturing, federal offices and county seat, energy and natural gas resources, and home to and the birthplace of the Little League World Series. Learn more at www.lycoming.edu.
Lycoming College proudly celebrates and values diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.