Gift Reporting and Records Specialist
Position posted on: 04-08-2020
Lycoming College seeks a Gift Reporting and Records Specialist. The primary function of this role is to process all gifts received in the Development office; provide IRS gift receipts to all donors; produce daily, monthly, and yearly reports for internal and external consitutents; reconcile all giving records with the Business office.
The Gift Reporting and Records Specialist is responsible for the recording of all gifts received in the development office. Provides support for the offices of alumni relations and development. Position oversees database gift entry to ensure that all gifts, estates, stock donations, annuities, and pledges are accurately recorded in the development database and reconciled with the business office. Creates new fund documents and communicates fund criteria and parameters with business and financial aid offices. Produces all gift reports for trustees as well as the development, business and president’s offices. Upholds donor confidentiality.
- Enters all gifts and pledges into the development database, and deposits all receipts with the business office daily.
- Creates and sends official College gift receipts and gift reports daily.
- Reconciles credit card statements.
- Prepares memorial and honor acknowledgement letters to appropriate contacts on a weekly basis.
- Runs pledge reports, and produces and mails monthly pledge reminders.
- Assists with the annual audit of gift income.
- Maintains precise records of all gift solicitations and receipts.
- Updates all gift record information as necessary.
- Reconciles all gift income reports with the business office
- Oversees donor spreadsheets for special initiatives (i.e. LB Smith, Enstine Match, etc.)
- Coordinates matching gifts by sending forms and completing processes.
- Prepares daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual gift and participation reports.
- Prepares ad hoc reports for the President, Executive Vice President, Treasurer, Directors, and other development personnel as needed.
- Creates and oversees new fund creation, agreements, and reports.
- Oversees existing fund criteria and communicates fund parameters and changes to development, business and financial aid offices.
- Communicates gift information to front line officers on donor giving and pledge information.
- Coordinates giving information with Directors of Development and gift officers as needed.
- Creates and enters all appeal codes for each solicitation.
- Maintains an effective knowledge and familiarity with report-writing function of computer system to insure accuracy and efficiency of gift reports.
- Maintains confidentiality with all office assignments.
- Provide support for alumni and development events and programs such as Homecoming, Family Weekend and Commencement; some evening and weekend hours required.
Required Experience & Qualifications:
Educational Requirements: Associates Degree; Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Experience and Qualifications: Proven experience in gift recording, bookkeeping, general accounting, and gift records software. Knowledge of MS Office products (Word and Excel) and relational database concepts; familiarity with Raiser’s Edge database and querying preferred. Must be accurate, precise, well organized, and attentive to details. Strong understanding of financial reporting and ability to understand IRS guidelines for charitable giving.
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subjet line in the email referencing the job title "Gift Reporting and Records Specialist". Please include three professional references with your application materials.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Post-offer, pre-employment drug screen, motor vehicle record check and criminal background check conducted.
Founded in 1812, Lycoming College is one of the nation's oldest and most respected residential liberal arts colleges. Lycoming is ranked by Forbes as a Top ROI College and by The Princeton Review as one of The 385 Best Colleges. Lycoming College's strong endowment-per-student and fiscal acumen provide the foundation to support a first-rate undergraduate education. The College is dedicated to providing a high-quality liberal arts and sciences education including more than 100 majors, minors, and concentrations. Our community of scholars collaborate with and mentor our diverse student body of approximately 1,200 active learners, including 35 percent international and domestic students of color, representing over 50 states, territories, and countries. Students compete in 17 NCAA Division III sports, participate in faculty-driven research, thrive in a robust program of internships, and study abroad in more than two dozen countries. Lycoming is located in Williamsport, PA, a city rich in the arts and ideally situated for outdoor recreation. Williamsport is the site of a world-class healthcare system (UPMC Susquehanna), modern manufacturing, federal offices and county seat, energy and natural gas resources, and home to and the birthplace of the Little League World Series. Learn more at www.lycoming.edu.
Lycoming College proudly celebrates and values diversity. We are committed to fostering an inclusive campus community supporting all faculty, staff, and students. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and all who are interested in supporting and contributing to our mission. Lycoming College is an equal opportunity employer.