Non-instructional Public Events and Congregation in Public Spaces
Lycoming College will continue to follow guidance from the PDE and CDC regarding indoor and outdoor events. The most current guidance can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/large-events/considerations-for-events-gatherings.html. Lycoming College has adopted the following protocols to implement this guidance.
- Lycoming College will host on campus events in the 2021-22 academic year. Event and gatherings will be open to the public as designed and planned by event organizers.
- Large events and gatherings will be held outdoors in open areas or in the tents provided on campus. Requests to host large events indoors will be made to the COVID Response Committee Chair, Chip Edmonds (email@example.com) or the president’s office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- At all indoor gatherings, participants will be expected to wear face coverings and maintain physical distance regardless of vaccination status.
- The College has reduced common seating in classroom buildings, the library, dining facilities and other areas of common seating. Non-instructional events and meetings approved to be held indoors will be limited to two-thirds of typical space/room capacity.
- Spectators will be permitted at athletic events. See the guidance for spectators at athletic events here.