The Lycoming Chemistry Club!
A Chemistry Club Hike at Rickett's Glen State Park.
The Lycoming College Department of Chemistry has two student organizations
for students interested in Chemistry:
2005-2006 Chemistry Club Officers
President: Lauren Watkins; Vice President: Josie Castillo; Treasurer: Lindsey
Welch; Secretary: Erika Pfaunmiller; Drs. Bendorf and Mahler, Advisors.
Typical activities include participation in the Campus Carnival (ice cream in a
Zip Lock bag), bowling, hiking, and whatever else seems like fun that can be
For further information about the Chemsitry Club
(and your reading pleasure), here is the....
Constitution of the
Lycoming Chemistry Club
ARTICLE I NAME
- The name of this organization shall be the Lycoming Chemistry Club.
ARTICLE II PURPOSE
- The purpose of this organization shall include (but not be limited
to) the following:
to promote the science and study of chemistry; and
to foster social interaction among faculty and students.
ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP
- Membership in this organization will be available to all associated with Lycoming
College, including students, faculty and staff, who have an interest
ARTICLE IV OFFICERS AND ELECTIONS
A. The offices to be filled and their duties are as follows:
- 1. President - the president shall organize meetings,
plan upcoming events, and
perform any duties necessary to the organization that are not the responsibility of
- 2. Vice President - the vice president shall serve as
social chair by publicizing
club activities, assist the president, and will serve in that
capacity if needed.
- 3. Treasurer - the treasurer shall keep the financial
records of the club, and collect
money and make payments as authorized.
- 4. Secretary - the secretary shall take minutes of meetings
and keep attendance,
keep club records, and handle any correspondence.
- Elections will be held annually towards the end of the Spring
Semester. Elections will be decided by majority vote of those present at
ARTICLE V MEETINGS
- Meetings shall be held at least once a month during the academic year. The day, time,
and location shall be publicized before each meeting.
ARTICLE VI ADVISOR
- The advisor or advisors shall be chosen from interested members of the chemistry
ARTICLE VII RATIFICATION AND AMENDMENTS
- The constitution may be ratified or amended by a three-fourths vote of the membership
present at a publicized meeting.
Schedules & Syllabi | Faculty
& Staff | Students & Alumni
| Research |
| Curriculum & Catalog
| Facilities & Equipment | Tour
| Safety & Links |
Back to the Chemistry Department Home
Last updated September 7, 2005.
The URL for this page is