Subject Tutoring By Appointment
For one-on-one, FREE support in nearly any subject, students can browse the list of subject tutors below and email tutors for appointments as necessary.
COVID Safety Procedures & Recommendations
In-person appointments are possible under the following conditions: (1) the tutor and student both feel comfortable meeting in person and (2) both parties follow current College policy regarding masks and social distancing. Alternatively, tutoring can occur via Teams, Zoom, Skype, or another agreed-upon platform that can accommodate the discussion and subject matter.
As always, to prepare for your tutoring session, scroll down to "How to Make the Most of Your Appointment."
If you need a tutor for a certain course not listed below or have general questions about tutoring, contact Shanna Wheeler (570) 321-4392.
How to Make the Most of Your Appointment:
Come prepared, ready to actively engage.
- Do some studying beforehand so you know what material you do and don't know.
- Have a plan in mind for the session.
- Prepare specific questions and concerns.
- Bring any necessary course materials.
Know what to expect.
- The tutors have been trained to help you succeed in a given subject area.
- The tutor is a supplemental resource for you, someone who will guide you in the right direction and challenge you to succeed on your own two feet.
- Don't expect the tutor to re-lecture course material.
- Don't expect the tutor to do your work for you.
The time you spend with a tutor is only as useful as you make it. Your effort and engagement make tutoring sessions all the more beneficial to you. The tutor is willing. Are you?
Note: Every time you meet with a tutor, a brief report is sent to your professor to show that you are making an extra effort to succeed.