Aerial view of campus with Williamsport, the Susquehanna River and Bald Eagle Mountain as a backdrop

Steps for Obtaining Accommodations

Current or incoming students can request accommodations at any time of the year. In order to obtain accommodations, students must:

  1. Disclose your disorder to us here. Please note: only Lycoming users can access this form and it may require a log in.
  2. Fax your official documentation to 570-321-4050 or email to (NOTE: due to HIPPA, providers will not send us documentation directly without your (the student's) signature on a "Release of Information" form. It may be easier/faster for students to obtain a copy of their documentation directly from their provider and then provide that documentation to our office.
  3. After the information in #1 and #2 has been received, a member of Accessibility Resources will contact the student to set up a meeting to develop an accommodation letter.

Documentation must identify a specific disorder and indicate how the disorder will affect the student's performance. It must specify recommendations for accommodations and include a rationale for these recommendations. Finally, documentation must be typed, signed by an appropriate professional, and printed on letterhead. All documentation must be current.

Guidelines for documentation:

  • Learning disabilities and ADD/ADHD: within 3 years
  • Psychiatric: within 1 year (note: for students experiencing anxiety, a specific DSM-V or ICD-10 anxiety diagnosis must be provided)
  • Sensory/Physical (Permanent): not specified
  • Sensory/Physical (Temporary): situational

The IEP (Individualized Educational Plan) and 504 Plan are not adequate, supporting documentation. Both represent one institution's response to the presence of a disorder. Another institution might respond differently.

Documentation for learning disabilities must include score results from IQ and achievements tests and all other instruments used to assess the student's ability and performance. Further, such documentation should include text which examines the student's family, psychological, and educational background to rule in and rule out complicating factors. The evaluation must have been conducted by a qualified professional in the appropriate field.

Documentation can be sent to:
Office of Academic Services Deans
Attention: Dr. Theresa Spanella
One College Place
Campus Box 167
Williamsport, PA 17701-5192
Fax: 570-321-4050

If documentation provided by the student does not support a specific accommodation, the College can require additional testing at the student's expense. If documentation supports a specific accommodation, but the College wants a second opinion, the College can require one at its own expense from its own expert.

If you think you have an undiagnosed disability and wish to find out, we recommend working through your local vocational rehabilitation agency or a private psychologist of your choosing. The Office of Accessibility Resources does not provide testing to screen for disabilities. For more guidance on the adult learning disability assessment process, click here.