001.jpg

 

 

THE CHRONICLE is published by the Historical Society of the Central Pennsylvania
Conference of the United Methodist Church, 900 S. Arlington Avenue, Harrisburg
PA 17109. Please direct manuscripts for consideration to the address above.

 

 

 

THE CHRONICLE

 

Journal of the Historical Society

of the

Central Pennsylvania Conference

of the

United Methodist Church

 

Milton W. Loyer

editor

 

________________________________________________________________

Volume II                                            Spring 1991

 

Editor's Preface............................................2

 

Cover Photograph: Rev. A.D. Gramley.........................3

 

Glimpses of Our Predecessor Denominations

 

1. The Evangelical Church..............................5

                              by Rev. Andrew D. Gramley, 1939

 

2. The Methodist Episcopal Church.....................15

                              by Rev. Earl E. Kerstetter, 1972

 

3. The Methodist Episcopal Church, South..............30

                              by Milton W. Loyer, 1991

 

4. The Methodist Protestant Church....................35

                              by Milton W. Loyer, 1991

 

5. The United Brethren Church.........................41

by John W. Kiracofe, circa 1945

 

The Central Pennsylvania Conference Since Union............56

 

A Letter from the Past.....................................88

                              by John B. Scarboro, 1858