Turn your acting passion into career potential at Lycoming College! Our rigorous production schedule and diverse curriculum is designed to provide you with countless opportunities in acting and performing.
Stage experience includes a minimum of 4 main stage productions per year, as well as a plethora of senior and lab projects, and various student productions held in our black box theatre.
You will enjoy the diverse exposure to a variety of dramatic styles and genres to encapsulate any range of acting preferences including, but not limited to:
- World classics
- Contemporary plays and more!
Two diverse stages provide actors with:
- the intimate thrust stage experience in The Mary L. Welch Theatre
- the innovative and versatile use of black box theatre in The Dragon’s Lair Theatre
Interactive and performance-centered coursework includes:
- Acting I, II, and III
- Voice and Diction
- Stage Movement, Dance and Combat Choreography
- Stage Makeup
- Shakespeare on Stage
- Advanced Acting Studio
- Senior Project in Acting
Senior project options include a variety of genres and opportunities to turn your passion into a culminating performance to round out your Lycoming Theatre experience and build your resume'!
- Perform a major role in a Mary L. Welch Theatre production
- Perform a major role in a Dragon’s Lair Theatre production
- Create and perform an original one-person show
- Perform a one-person show from a published script
- Write and perform a full production.
- Vision, innovation and an indomitable spirit are all you need to succeed!