Little Siblings Weekend - Spring 2017
What is Little Siblings Weekend?
Little Siblings Weekend is a time for Lycoming College students to share their life away from home with their younger siblings. Any younger sibling aged 6 and older is welcome to join us for this special program. The weekend will typically begin at 10 a.m. on Saturday, and will end around 3 p.m. on Sunday. Throughout the weekend Lycoming College student organizations will offer a variety of events such as the movie "Big Hero 6," or "Annie," games, contests, and more! If nothing else, Little Siblings Weekend is a wonderful opportunity for the Lycoming student and their little sibling to spend quality time together.
When is Little Siblings Weekend?
Little Siblings Weekend will be held on March 19-20, 2016. Information and registration forms will be mailed home to parents no later than early February.
Where will the little siblings sleep?
If your Lycoming student lives on campus, the little sibling will stay with them in their residence hall room. If your Lycoming student is a commuter, they both will return home after Saturday's events.
Where will they eat?
The optional program fee includes Brunch and Dinner on Saturday and Brunch on Sunday in the Campus Cafeteria.
What will the program cost?
The activities planned on campus are free, however, if you wish to share meals with your little sibling in our campus cafeteria, it will cost $18 for all three meals as a package price. All events during the weekend will be provided by Lycoming College Student Organizations with no additional charges. So if you are not choosing to eat on campus then the weekend is at no cost to you to take part in what we are offering. Little Siblings may want to bring some incidental spending money to cover the cost of sodas, snacks or souvenirs in the Campus Bookstore which will be open for a time on the Saturday.
Should parents attend?
This experience is for Lycoming College students and their little siblings. Parents are welcome to stay in town at a hotel as a mini-retreat for themselves.
What else do I need to know?
It is important that you speak to your Lycoming student about the responsibility that comes with having a little sibling visit for the weekend. It is expected that the Lycoming student will be with their little siblings at all times and assume complete responsibility for their welfare. Registration forms and permission forms will be mailed to all parents of current Lycoming College students in Mid February.
What if I have more questions?
Please call the Office of Student Programs and Leadership Development, at (570) 321-4118.
Little Siblings Schedule - Sample Schedule of a TypicalWeekend
In addition to these, we encourage you to explore the greater Williamsport area for a variety of activities and opportunities.
Check back closer to Little Siblings Weekend for any updates!
- 10:00 am – Noon: Registration: Confirmed Schedules and Meal information - Burchfield Lounge
- 10:00 am – Noon: Face Painting, Coloring, Twister, and Make your own pixie stix, Build-a-Bear (one per Little Sibling while supplies last), sponsored by the Campus Activities Board - All in Burchfield Lounge
- All Weekend: Free Billiards and Free Air Hockey in Jack's Corner
- 11:00 am – 1:00 pm: Brunch - Cafeteria (Pre-Paid Necessary for Sibling)
- 12:00 pm: Kickball, sponsored by the Campus Activities Board, Quad
- 1:30 pm: CAB Movie: The Good Dinosaur- Heim G-11. Movie Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board
- 1:00 pm: Men's Lacrosse vs. Misericordia, David Person Field
- 3:30 pm: CAB Movie: The Good Dinosaur - Heim G-11, Movie Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board
- 3:30 pm: Women's Softball vs. Albright, David Person Field
- 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm: Dinner - Cafeteria (Pre-Paid Necessary for Sibling)
- 7:00 pm: Campus Feud (Like Family Feud,) Clarke Chapel, Sponsored by the Campus Activties Board
- 8:00 pm: CAB Movie: The Good Dinosaur - Heim, G-11, Movie Sponsored by the Campus Activities Board
Attend your preferred worship service. Some area churches include:
- 8:00 am: First United Methodist Church - informal worship
- 8:45 am: St. Boniface Catholic Church
- 10:30 am: St. Marks Lutheran Church
- 10:00 am: First United Methodist Church - traditional worship
- 11:00 am: St. Boniface Catholic Church
- 11:30 am: First United Methodist Church - contemporary worship
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm: Brunch - Cafeteria (Pre-Paid Necessary for Sibling)
- 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm: Softball vs. York (2 games)