Posting or Distribution of Flyers, Brochures, or Other Printed Material
Lycoming College organizations, faculty, staff, or students are permitted to post or distribute items if the following conditions are met:
- Materials are not in violation of College policies, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, or the federal government;
- Materials do not contain any indecent or obscene materials;
- The Lycoming College logotype (i.e. name or symbols) is not used to encourage alcohol or illegal drug use;
- The name of the organization or individual responsible for the poster or flyer is noted on the material; and
- The organization or individual responsible for the poster or flyer removes it when the event it advertises is completed.
To protect property, individuals posting said materials must adhere to the following guidelines:
- Materials should be posted on bulletin boards and must not be posted on painted wall surfaces or other places where damage can occur;
- Materials are not to be posted using adhesives (such as duct tape, glue, clear packing tape, etc.) that will damage bulletin boards or other surfaces.
- Materials must be posted in places where access will not be obstructed( e.g., not on glass doorway panels of fire doors);
Failure to adhere to this policy is considered a violation of the Student Code of Conduct. Individuals who violate this policy can receive disciplinary sanctions including the cost of repairing damaged walls or other property.
Individuals or organizations outside the College community must receive prior written permission from the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs to have materials posted or distributed on campus. These flyers will be stamped "ok to post." College personnel will hang the posters on appropriate bulletin boards.
Individuals who do not agree with the decision of the Dean of Student Affairs regarding posting or distributing flyers, brochures, or other printed material may bring an appeal to the Faculty Committee on Student Affairs..