Life After Lycoming
Class of 2008
Class of 1965
Where will you find recent Lycoming Sociology-Anthropology graduates?
Alumni of our program have a proven record of graduate school placement as well as career paths taken directly upon graduation. Here's a sampling of the career trajectories of our graduates:
- Tamah Amrom earned her master's degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania’s Higher Education-Student Affairs Program and is now the assistant director of student activities and orientation at York College in Pennsylvania.
- Miguel Arroyo is working on his master’s degree in Counseling and Development with a concentration in School Counseling. Miguel is particularly interested in his graduate program’s focus on both multiculturalism and social justice.
- Katrina Bloch earned her Ph.D. in Sociology from North Carolina State University and is now an assistant professor with the Department of Sociology at Kent State University at Stark with research specialization in inequality, immigration, and work-family balance.
- Marty Burke earned his juris doctorate from the University of Maryland Law School and serves as a legal consultant for the Mattews Benefit Group in St. Petersburg, Florida. He previously specialized in family law and criminal representation.
- Robin Dadzie initially interned with AIDS Resource in Williamsport, PA and was hire on as a full-time caseworker following graduation. She is now a case manager supervisor for the same organization and has supervised several Lycoming College students completing internships with her agency.
- Ellen Furman earned her MSW from Temple University and is a case manager for the Philadelphia Senior Center in their Home Support Program.
- Janel Gordner is the director of development and communications for the YWCA of North Central Pennsylvania. Prior to her work with the YWCA, she helped the James V. Brown Library in Williamsport raise more than four million dollars to build a new children's wing.
- Tara Heller is the director of the Blood Program for the American Red Cross in the Triangle Area Chapter, Raleigh, North Carolina. She has also worked as a strategic planner and account manager for the American Red Cross in New Jersey.
- Jennifer (Hoffman) Miller is a foster care case manager with the Children’s Aid Society in Chambersburg, PA.
- Matt Hoffman teaches second grade for the Eastern Shore School District in Virginia.
- Kathleen Holmes is an income maintenance caseworker for the Department of Public Welfare, Williamsport, PA. Prior to her work with the state, Kathleen served as an adoption specialist with Families United Network, Inc.
- Megan (Doud) James is a credit risk analyst with Merrill Lynch in New Jersey.
- Brian Johnson earned his master’s degree with merit in European Historical Archeology from the University of Sheffield in England. He is now an archeological field technician.
- AmyLynn Mirocco started her career as supports coordinator for the Case Management Unit in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania providing comprehensive care for residents of Dauphin County who need mental health, mental retardation, or early intervention services. She is now pursuing a master's degree at Penn State-Harrisburg in the Community Psychology and Social Change Program.
- Josh Pratt started his career as a caseworker for KidsPeace before earning his master’s degree in Library Science from Kutztown University. He is now an elementary school librarian in Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- Celeste (Purosky) Straub is a senior case manager for a nonprofit HIV/AIDS service organization called Caring Communities that services Columbia, Northumberland, Montour, Sullivan, Tioga and Bradford counties.
- Abrana Watts is a licensed real estate agent with the Bowen Agency Realtors, Selinsgrove, PA and covers the Susquehanna Valley including Lycoming County.
- Addie Weaver earned an MSW from Marywood University and is now working on earning her doctorate from the University of Pittsburgh's Community Organization and Social Administration Program.
- Claire Zido is an Admissions Representative for Penn College and covers the recruitment areas of Philadelphia, South New Jersey, and Delaware.