Spring Break 2013
- Official Spring Break is from Friday, March 1 at 6:00pm until Sunday, March 10 at 10:00am.
- Meal service ends with lunch on March 1 and begins with dinner on March 10.
- Campus dining (Wertz dining hall, Jack's Place, and Cafe 1812) is closed during the entire break; in other words, there is no meal plan service during this time.
- Campus Residences function with limited operation (Buildings & Grounds, Custodial, and Residential Life).
- The Office of Safety & Security is fully operational 24/7.
Whether you are leaving/staying on campus during Spring Break, we urge you to carefully read the contents of this page.
Closing Your Residence For Break
All residents (halls, apartments, and Commons) are responsible for completing the following (however, the last resident to leave MUST confirm completion):
- Store all open and perishable food in sealed plastic or metal containers.
- Clean your residence and empty your trash.
- Unplug all electrical items except refrigerators and fish tanks. In other words, there should be nothing other than a refrigerator and fish tank plugged into any outlet in a residence. Power strips must also be unplugged from the wall outlets. The College does not take responsibility for plants or fish left over any break.
- Turn off all lights.
- Close and lock all windows.
- Pull the window shade(s) down halfway.
- Lock your door. Be sure you have your ID and room key.
- Move your vehicle to a student parking lot if you plan to leave it on campus during the break.
All housing (except those who are registered to remain on campus) is checked by staff to insure that proper check-out procedures have been followed. Failure to follow closing procedures will result in a minimum $15.00 sanction/fine.
Staying on Campus For Break
- Break housing residents are permitted to have only break housing residents as guests in their rooms and buildings; they may not have any overnight guests.
- With the exception of the guest policy stated above, All College and Residential Life policies apply to students who remain on campus during break. Please review these policies on the Res Life webpage: http://www.lycoming.edu/residentialLife.
- Resident students who will be on campus during any/all of break must submit an on-line registration form (below) by 12 noon on Friday, March 1.
Break Registration Form
The deadline to register for break housing via an on-line registration form was Friday, March 1 at 12noon. If you need to be on campus for any/all of break you must now E-MAIL RESIDENTIAL LIFE.