Fall 2014 Check-In Information
We hope the information on this page will assist you in planning your arrival for the 2014-15 academic year. In addition to the information below, you may want to check the FAQ, Policies and Procedures, Residence Hall Calendar and the Housing section of our website to find additional important information and answers to questions you may have. If you still have questions, please feel free to contact Residential Life at 570-321-4046 or by email email@example.com.
During the summer, households of residential students (both new and returning) should receive an informational mailing from Residential Life including a New Student Summer Newsletter or an Upperclass Student Summer Newsletter. If you do not receive the newsletter by the end of July, you should contact us to make sure there is not an issue with your registration/housing for the 2014-15 year.
You can verify your room assignment* and roommate information in WebAdvisor. WebAdvisor also provides your campus mailbox # and combination.
- If you have forgotten your password or have a problem logging into WebAdvisor, please contact IT Services at 570-321-4150.
- New students who did NOT attend an orientation session over the summer will not be able to access this information online but may call the Residential Life or Freshman Dean's Office for their room and roommate information.
- New student room assignments are not posted until ALL orientation sessions are complete.
- For a period of time after the last orientation and until the majority of new student assignments are entered, room assignment/roommate information (for both new and returning students) will not be available in WebAdvisor.
- By the end of July, all students (new and returning) who have made the necessary payments and completed required paperwork should be able to view their room/roommate assignment.
- If you are still not seeing this information when you log in to WebAdvisor (end of July, beginning of August), you should contact the Housing Coordinator at 570-321-4147 as soon as possible.
Basic room dimensions/hall information is available on the Res Life Web page. Select the "Campus Housing" link on the left sidebar and then select your specific hall from the list on the bottom of the page. For more information about what is and isn't provided in campus residences as well as what you can and can't bring to campus housing, please see the "FAQ" link also on the left side of this page.
Freshman students are expected to arrive and check in on Friday, Aug. 22 from 9 a.m.-12 p.m. in Pennington Lounge on the main level of the Academic Center. For additional information about 1st Weekend, please see the Office of the Freshman Dean.
Transfer students will receive a letter from the Freshman Dean’s Office about check in (date, time, etc.). Transfer students may contact the Freshman Dean’s Office at 570-321-4358 with any additional questions about check in.
Upperclass students (both returning and transfer) may check into the residence halls on Saturday, August 23 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. or Sunday, August 24 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Select offices (including Residential Life) will be open on Saturday, August 23. See Res Life Office schedule below.
- Dining Service operates both days according to regular schedule. See Campus Dining.
- Students with a balance due will be notified via e-mail during the week of August 11th that they will need to report to the Business Office in Long Hall on& Saturday, August 23 between 12:00 p.m. and 5 p.m. If you have questions regarding your student account, please contact the Business Office.
Requests For Early Arrival
New Students (Freshman or Transfer) who have legitimate personal reasons to arrive on campus prior to official check-in (Friday, August 22) must contact the Office of the Freshman Dean to request permission and should NOT complete the form referenced below.
Returning Students may not arrive early for personal reasons (ie. - travel, family issues, etc.) prior to Wednesday, August 20. Those who have legitimate personal reasons to return after August 20 but prior to official check-in August 23-24 must complete an online request and be approved for early arrival. You may find this form by logging into myLyco and then going to WebAdvisor . In your WebAdvisor options, go to the "Residential Life" section and look for "Housing Requests". You can then select "Early Arrival Request" in the *Housing Type drop-down. The deadline to submit this request is Monday, August 18 at 11:59 p.m. Be advised, residents who are approved to return early for personal purposes may be charged a $34/day early arrival fee.
Dining Services During Opening Weekend
The meal plan for fall 2014 goes into effect beginning with the lunch meal on Friday, August 22. For dining services hours see Campus Dining.