End of Year, Graduation and Summer Housing
The information below applies to any student requesting campus housing after Spring Semester Closing on April 26 for any of the following reasons:
- Graduation (overnight May 4 only)
- May/Summer Courses
- Internships (for College credit)
- Internships (not for College credit)
- Campus Employment
Please read all information in each section before completing and submitting any form(s).
- When permission is granted to stay on campus for personal reasons, a charge of $32.50/day may be applied to the student's account.
- "Senior Celebration" is coordinated by the Office of Student Programs. To sign up and/or request housing for Senior Celebration, please go to the 3rd floor Wertz Student Center. You cannot sign up on this page for the trip or housing associated with the Senior Celebration.
- For additional information regarding Commencement click here.
Request to Stay After Hall Closing
April 26-27 ONLY (Overnight April 26 only.)
As stated in End of Year Closing Instructions, unless a student has been granted permission to stay on campus after the 6pm closing on April 26, s/he is required to leave campus within 24 hours of her/his last final exam (Monday through Thursday, April 22-25.) Students who have a final scheduled on the last day of finals,(Friday, April 26) must request permission to stay after 6pm closing but are expectd to leave campus no later than 9am the following day (Saturday, April 27.) Students who have legitimate reasons for late departure must request permission to do so from the Residential Life Office via an official on-line request.
Students requesting to stay beyond April 27 must personally contact the Office of Residential Life for permission via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Even though permission may be granted for a late check-out all rooms must be cleaned and ready for inspection (empty trash, carry out unwanted furniture, etc.) no later than Friday, April 26 when halls officially close and all End of Year Closing Instructions must be followed. Students who are requesting to stay during the week prior to and through graduation may be required to move to a new campus residence.
The deadline to request to stay after closing on April 26 via on-line form was Friday, April 19 at 12:00 noon. If you need housing after closing, you must now e-mail Res Life.
Graduation Housing Registration (Graduating Seniors Only*)
May 4-5 ONLY (Overnight May 4 only.)
Only those students who have a legitimate reason to return to campus for graduation (choir, band, ushers, and graduates) will be allowed Housing. *Band, Choir and Ushers DO NOT need to register on-line. However, if any band, choir member, or usher needs housing prior to their designated arrival dates, they must personally contact the Office of Residential Life for permission via email to email@example.com.
- Graduation Check-in for seniors only** is: Saturday, May 4 10:00 am to 12:00 noon - Long Hall
- Graduation Check-out for all participants is: Sunday, May 5 after the graduation ceremony & prior to 5:00 pm - Rich Hall Lounge
** Check-in information for other graduation participants will be provided by the appropriate office/department.
The deadline to request Graduation Housing via on-line form was Friday, April 26 at 12:00 Noon. If you need graduation housing, you must you must now e-mail Res Life.
Request May Term/Summer Housing
May 5 - August 9 ONLY (Overnights include May 5 – August 8 only.)
- Summer campus housing is available from 3:00 pm on Sunday, May 5 through 4:00 pm on Friday, August 9.
- Students requesting to stay prior to May 5 and/or after August 9 must personally contact the Office of Residential Life for permission via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer housing rates for May term/Summer I & II can be found on the Business Office web page.
- Students with summer Campus employment or internships should contact the Business Office for housing rates.
- For information on the provisions of Summer Housing see "Summer Housing Information."
To request Summer Campus Housing, please complete the on-line request form by the registration deadlines listed below.
MAYTERM/SUMMER HOUSING REQUEST FORM
May Term: May 6 - May 31
- Halls Open: May 5, after 3:00 pm
- Halls Close: May 31, 4:00 pm
Housing Request Deadline for May Term, Summer campus employment
or Summer internship: April 12, 2013
Summer I: June 3 - July 5
- Halls Open: June 2, 12:00 noon
- Halls Close: July 5, 4:00 pm
Housing Request Deadline for Summer I: May 17, 2013
Summer II: July 8 - August 9
- Halls Open: July 7, 12:00 noon
- Halls Close: August 9, 4:00 pm
Housing Request Deadline for Summer II: June 21, 2013
- Requests received after any of the above listed deadlines will be honored if space is available.
- Assignments will be made in the order that requests are received and will be communicated at the time of check in.
- Students who are only enrolled in May Term 2013 will be housed in a residence hall that has kitchen facilities.
- Students who are also working on campus, who are in an internship, or taking Summer I or II courses will be housed in the apartments.
- Every attempt will be made to honor housemate/roommate preferences.